Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I'm pretty sure the last 10 years show that Cedar Point has no qualms about installing unproven rides.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Are starflyers prone to a lot of downtime?

Are they designed by Intamin?

Goodbye MrScott

John

I thought Funtime was the company that would build the hypothetical starflyer.

It will not be a Star Flyer

I think the emphasis should be that it could be a "Starflyer-like" ride. This suggestion was made based on the fact that a swing type ride existed near the beach a long time ago, and because the height of a Starflyer makes it a thrill ride.

However, it could be made by any company and it could be any different variety of "swing" ride.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Kyle - I think you missed the correlation between Intamin and downtime.

Goodbye MrScott

John

cedarman said:
It will not be a Star Flyer

Well I guess that settles it. /sarcasm

Brandon

Cedarman, why are saying it will not be a star flyer? I'm not saying it will, but it does fit each of Dick's clues, fits in the general area, and even fits with Tony's emphasis on "fun" as the only ride that Funtime builds that seems to have a capacity CP could live with is a starflyer.

Just curious...

i for 1 100% hope it isn't a starflyer...never really liked it much...and I really don't see it happening, it just doesn't seem like a CP thing

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

I just feel it's a step in the wrong direction for CP. Now obviously this is just my opinion, but a tall swing just seems too blah to me. A star flyer would probably be somewhat thrilling, but CP already has a swinger, so I just don't think they would add a tall swinger. Unless it's some ridiculous height, it just doesn't seem legit.

cedarman said:
...CP already has a swinger...

Well, I guess that means we can rule out CP ever getting another coaster.

Brandon

I just hope that the Dale Earnhardt jr visit doesn't have anything to do with the mid august announcement!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Dale and other "I can turn left real good" folk visit the park often, as recently as last year (sparking speculation about last year's announcement, if memory serves). I doubt his visit is related to the park's 2011 addition.

Brandon

By all accounts of people who, you know, have actually ridden a Starflyer, it seems like it's one of the more terrifying rides out there. I don't thinks there's a soul among us who wouldn't love to have a new wooden coaster, but if this is what we're getting, I'll be pretty excited about it.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

djDaemon said:

cedarman said:
...CP already has a swinger...

Well, I guess that means we can rule out CP ever getting another coaster.

I see your point, but we obviously know that a wave swinger can only do one thing. You can really change up a coaster.

@ Break; Agreed. I want a super high intense coaster because it would be scary and thrilling. I'm guessing being suspended 200-400 ft in the air on a lawn chair would be pretty scary and thrilling as well.

Again, it would be a great consolation prize.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

cedarman said:
I see your point, but we obviously know that a wave swinger can only do one thing. You can really change up a coaster.

And you can really change up a wave swinger by elevating it a couple hundred feet.

Goodbye MrScott

John

yeah but the higher you go, the more problems you get...unless CP has something new up their sleeves that will change the way we see 'star flyers', i don't see it coming

Last edited by speedy g.,

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

cedarman said:
...a wave swinger can only do one thing. You can really change up a coaster.

Should CP have not installed Skyhawk? I mean, Ocean Motion already existed. They both swing.

Should CP have not installed Power Tower? I mean, Demon Drop already existed. They both drop.

Should CP have not installed <insert spinny ride here>? I mean, <insert similar spinny ride here> already existed. They both spin.

And on and on...

speedy g. said:
...i refuse to believe next year's attraction will be anything other than a coaster, because i really really really want one and stuff

Fixed for ya. ;)

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service