Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

SteveH said:
One thing is for sure....

If they stay with the same manufacturer they have favored for the past few attractions - they are going to have to announce it as:

New for 2011.5!

2011.5?

He's making a joke about opening delays. 2011.5 would be half way into the season.

oooohhh...cuz i was just as confused

However, we do know that they are not sticking with that company. For 2011 at least...

Yeah. Well I HOPE they get a new coaster. I have my fingers crossed.

Three SB markers do not a roller-coaster make.

Lower your hopes.

Promoter of fog.

true...but neither does a flat does it?... i mean like others have said the stakes do seem pretty far apart and as thrill rides go...i don't see anything to laerge (like a starflyer) around that area anyway....

I know it probaly wont be a roller coaster, but I still want a roller coaster. I dont want a 400 foot Star Flyer because I hate heights. I mean I can ride Millennuim Force and Magnum with no problem. I still havent rode TTD but I hope ill ride it in the near future.

Due to their location and spacing, the three SB markers look to be the sub-base for a tower with 3 "legs"

A large tower.

Promoter of fog.

Large? The markers don't prove that at all. Wide, yeah, but not necessarily large.

SteveH said:

If they stay with the same manufacturer they have favored for the past few attractions - they are going to have to announce it as:

New for 2011.5!

Okay, that was funny.

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I don't know anymore! I'm still leaning towards it being a coaster! I have a feeling it is going to be a Cyclone remake but with an extra "twist" of some sort

Last edited by GLFan6290,

i agree... when the 1st clues came, all it seemed to be was a flat of some sort...but now a coaster does seem a little more likely...but then again

People who don't know me think I'm quiet...People who do, wish i was!

I dont know anymore either.

Out of curiosity, what makes it seem more likely to you that it would be a coaster? If anything, I had the opposite reaction, especially after seeing the posts and markings in person. Originally, I was thinking woodie on the beach, but seeing the marks in person shows you how little the space in question is. It's not big, and DD's spot has nothing to do with them...at least for now.

^^^
I know the spacing does not prove it to be a large tower...I'm just guessing like everyone else...I guess a better "toned down" guess is that whatever it is, it will have 3 legs...like Maxair's 4.

Promoter of fog.

AmazingMaverick(: said:I dont know anymore either.

Did any of us really ever know? :)

Corkscrew Headache said:

AmazingMaverick(: said:I dont know anymore either.

Did any of us really ever know? :)

By that I ment that i cant think of any more options. And yes none of us ever knew.

Before I go any further, I'm interested in hearing others opinions of what the red markers are for. I understand sewer, electrical and so on, but the red markers don't seem to be as directional as the rest (no arrows specifically) This photo, has a bunch in a weird pattern, not sure where it was taken with the bike rider and all...

http://www.gallery.pointpixels.com/details.php?image_id=14701

If we had someone who could lay out all the markers on an overhead map I think we could understand better, patterns and all. Personally, I haven't been there in awhile due to a motorcycle accident, but about how far apart are the beach stakes? Are we talking the distance between the main tower supports of TTD or a lot smaller?

Edit: I suppose this is a good example too, the red dots together seem to be showing a curve unless its just the weird camera angle.

http://www.gallery.pointpixels.com/details.php?image_id=14683

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

80+ coasters and counting

It might have been a different camera angle?

No idea, but it's fun guessing and thinking about it :) Here's an example of the red dots that is most certainly not the camera angle...

http://www.gallery.pointpixels.com/details.php?image_id=14656

I'm not claiming its a coaster although when I first saw the 2 dots it made me think of 2 rails on a track and I know before one is built they usually lay out the track center-line with stakes. To be perfectly honest I don't believe it will be a coaster, that way I don't get my hopes up. The problem is I have the curiosity of a cat!

80+ coasters and counting

I paced that exact set of markings to which you refer on Monday. They form what appears to be a slightly arcing line that ends at a red "Electrical/Do Not Dig" flag in the landscaping to the left of the stadium. To me it sure sounds like an existing electrical line.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service