Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Oh, I really REALLY hope Cedar Point gets a new roller coaster. This year when I went to Cedar Point, I was in line for Wicked Twister and I couldnt help but wonder why area of the beach was off limits. Now that I think about it, that would be a good place for a new ride. Not big enough for a roller coaster (Besides I think something like Deja Vu could go there) so im pretty sure thats where the ride will be. This is my opinion. And I havent rode a Deja Vu, so is the ride a good ride?

While it's exciting with all the anticipation, Cedar Point is being a little low-key compared to the STR hints don't you think? I mean if it were a coaster I think they'd have a little bit more hype to it than we are seeing. I think that STR was far over-hyped for what it really is to be honest. I got a brief glimmer of hope when someone here pointed out the new sponsor showing up on the front page (only on that page), but sadly it is a real company, lol.

The old Rocket Ship ride at GL was simply called "Rockets" I believe.

As far as que areas go for whatever CP is getting, they could always build a boardwalk on the beach.

Ok this just came to me, and yes I'm typing as I think, but didn't Cedar Point drop a hint last year saying "Gee See Eye"? They said themselves that Shoot the Rapids was pushed back a year, and many of us thought CP was just trying to trick people and throw them off about what was being built and by whom, but maybe GCI could have something to do with this years announcement? They were already talking about what other companies wouldn't be building for 2011 at that time as well. For those unaware, GCI stands for Great Coasters International, and they specialize in building wooden coasters. While it doesn't sound like a new coaster for this year, I'm still holding out hope, haha.

Last edited by Tim Seydell,

Same with me. I hope Cedar Point gets a new roller coaster!

I'm re-posting what Nate0902 posted on the construction markings thread, but Ocean Motion is (sadly) up for sale, could this be related?

http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1392

80+ coasters and counting

AmazingMaverick(: said:
I was in line for Wicked Twister and I couldnt help but wonder why area of the beach was off limits.

That beach has been off limits since Wicked Twister opened, if not longer than that. I believe it was an employee beach back in the day, although that may have been more behind Disaster Transport.

I think the new coaster will be called JUMBO JET

That's a bold statement.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Every one of Mike's posts this week have made me lol. You are on a roll. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Thanks! I'll be here all week. Try the veal! ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ralph Wiggum said:

AmazingMaverick(: said:
I was in line for Wicked Twister and I couldnt help but wonder why area of the beach was off limits.

That beach has been off limits since Wicked Twister opened, if not longer than that. I believe it was an employee beach back in the day, although that may have been more behind Disaster Transport.

Ok, Thanks I never realized that!

I was looking at Cedar Point's website and saw that "point poll." It asks readers to vote on what they believe the 2011 attraction will be. ROLLER COASTER and THRILL RIDE were the 2 most chosen.

If I'm remembering correctly there was something exactly like that last year. THAT poll had the choices: "a roller coaster" "a thrill ride" "a restaurant" "nothing, all for Halloweekends" (and I don't remember the rest) but a log flume wasn't ANY of those.

THAT along with the "gee see eye; not taking out the beamer; intamin sunset" etc. was them giving us clues about a coaster and getting our hopes up..... for a log flume. I specifically remember a log flume not even being one of the choices.

And now there's a poll just like that on the Cedar Point website.

And if Shoot the Rapids was postponed to 2010, is the 2011's attraction the original plan for 2010? Why did Tony and Tyler give all those false hints?

And even though some of Cedar Point's past coasters weren't ANNOUNCED until later, didn't anybody at least SEE anything? anywhere?

Last edited by !,

Speaking of the website; a new blog has been posted. It features stakes! Yummy! :)

! said:
but a log flume wasn't ANY of those.

Water ride was on the list.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I remember last year after giving hints at coaster manufacturers, the started checking off the list "will not be so and so, not beamer, etc". Did they ever say it would not be built by GCI?

As far as coaster being seen goes, I lived in FL at the time of TTD, MF, but it had to be seen by people before it was announced. I mean if you go to Marblehead Lighthouse you can clearly see the larger coasters on the horizon.

Yes

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/2009/8/25/2010_Is_Not....cfm

But last years hints have nothing to do with what will be done next year. That was all in regards to Shoot the Rapids.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Ah thanks for that.

I really think that Cedar Poitn getting a new roller coaster!

http://www.gallery.pointpixels.com/categories.php?cat_id=552

Check out this site! The markers and everything are WAY to far for a new thrill ride. And it will be going over the Wicked Twister Midway. I think they are going to put a roller coaster in. This is just my opinion.

Okay, but, again, ride size and utility marker area have little to no correlation :)

Would they put a "Thrill Ride" over people who are walking?

One thing is for sure....

If they stay with the same manufacturer they have favored for the past few attractions - they are going to have to announce it as:

New for 2011.5!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service