Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I'm new to PointBuzz, so can you guys please help me to used to this site? Anyways, I think a Vekoma Flying Dutchman in the former DD spot would be a snug fit, and it will provide a unique experience never seen before at the Point. If it's going to be a flat ride, (even though I doubt it because of SFMM catching up) I would suggest something like this but with a "Cedar Point" touch to it..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hknA95TCXSs

Last edited by The5M'sAtThePoint,

Mean Streak, Mantis, Millennium Force, Magnum Xl 200, and Maverick, The 5 biggest and best rides. -Staying in the cabins July 22-26! CAN'T WAIT-

I can't even imagine what the maintenance budget and down time is for that....but it does looks like fun, in a Chaos meet Sledgehammer sort of way.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

It's going to be a great ride. All thrill rides aren't coasters. It's going to be something that I think the teen market is really going to like.

From today's Register interview with Dick.

Since I am hoping a for new woodie, I don't like the fact that this is the second time he has emphasized the idea that all thrill rides are not coasters.

The teen market?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I am starting to believe strongly that it will not be a coaster. I know some think that Kinzel is just being sneaky with his statements, but I don't see him doing that. He's made the same statement twice... I'm pretty sure we will be seeing some sort of high tech thrill ride in the same vein as Skyhawk and maXair next year.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I remember watching a video of old Cedar Point and seeing this swing like ride on the lake. Maybe this could be related?

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

That 'teen market' comment is more than a little scary; it invokes images of something with 'Twilight' references plastered all over it.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

I'm really starting to think its gonna be a Flat of some sort because CP said it will be a THRILL RIDE targeting the teen market......CP Site has its own category for Roller Coasters and THRILL RIDES..................I hope I'm wrong

But why announce it so early if its gonna be a FLAT?

Where is this "teen market" comment?

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

It's going to be a great ride. All thrill rides aren't coasters. It's going to be something that I think the teen market is really going to like.

Looks like it's a thrilling dark ride after all! I will let you all think about that for a moment. ;)

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

^^ It's in today's Sandusky Register interview with Dick. The last question they asked was about what's to come for 2011, and that is the quote that provided any insight.

I'm also starting to think this is a flat of some sort.

A coaster doesn't target the teen market specifically; so what does? I agree with Josh M. that something along the lines of SkyHawk/MaxAir.

Good grief Charlie Brown.

Promoter of fog.

Thanks guys. Okay you older Cedar Point fans, how thrilling was the Rotor? ;)

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

It seems like the word fun is being said a lot about the ride.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Kevinj said:
I agree with Josh M. that something along the lines of SkyHawk/MaxAir.

If it's going to be a flat, I'd have to agree. I'd really love to see a topple tower in the park. Perhaps incorporate fountains like Dollywood's (which, is also the only one in the U.S. currently)? I really enjoyed it when I rode it last summer.

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

Fun is a relative term.

Promoter of fog.

Justin Bieber "The Ride". or the name of the ride is going to have at least 3 swear words in it!

Yeah, lets market the ride towards the teens!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

If it was something as simple as a simple spinning thrill ride, I doubt they would be announcing this early.

Besides that, they have markings all over the place for a while now.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I agree with crazy. If this were going to be something as simple as a Topple Tower or a Top Spin, it just doesn't seem like they would announce way back here in August -- it would just be too anticlimactic. And a run of the mill flat really doesn't need to have any prep work done during the operating season. Not saying it can't, only that it's not necessary.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ya I don't see a topple tower or top spin either. Either one of those would easily fit in the Demon Drop footprint and the fact that there are markings over a wide area would seem to dispel that.

I suppose it is also possible that-even with a small flat-a large amount of utility movement could be necessary to accommodate it, facilitating all the markings. But even then as Ensign has said its doubtful they would need to start the prep work this early.

Did the top spin at end up someplace or is it sitting in a warehouse alongside Superman?

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

If your speaking of the Geauga Lake rides, the Top Spin (Texas Twister) is at Great America and Superman aka Steel Venom ended up at Dorney and was called Voo Doo in it's first season and is now called Possessed.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

If not a coaster, the only thing I can imagine is a halfpipe ride, I don't remember what they are called exactly, but I think that would target more teens specifically. However, if he is throwing us off, there is this comment on a website about Cedar Point history and the cyclone.

"

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service