Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Especially over a site that prints anything it hears in the hope that eventually it will be right.

Goodbye MrScott

John

That's a great picture of the Cyclone. How did you dig that one up?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Screamscape is not as great as it used to be. For the past year, they have only been posting the obvious or there predictions have been totally off. Last year, they said Cedar Point was going to get a GCI what Great America was supposed to get. They said to expect to see a new slide tower at Hershey Park. Now with the new Intamin Prototype going in the park according to Screamscape. Dick Kinzel already said that it wasn't going to be an Intamin so I have no idea why Screamscape would have said that. Screamscape also used to post their stuff in the 10-noon range. Now it is in the Midnight range.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Well, he does have a full time job too. So, he is usually posting stuff as much as a day after most of us know already. I'd say that year after year there is less that we don't know about. It's hard to keep secrets. This weeks "The Season Pass" podcast has an interview with Lance. It's interesting to hear how it got started. It's a bit annoying though. There is a baby in the background making noise through most of the interview.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Chuck Wagon said:
That's a great picture of the Cyclone. How did you dig that one up?

I actually have a framed copy of that picture kickin' around somewhere. I found my copy on ebay a few years back.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Jason Hammond said:
This weeks "The Season Pass" podcast has an interview with Lance.

Thanks for mentioning this. I enjoyed listening to the part where the host told him his site was "85%-90% accurate." :)

I've got nothing against him personally. I didn't agree with his Maverick leak, but that's just my opinion. But let's call the site what it is. If you're reading it for news or updates from other sites, it's there for your enjoyment. But the site's niche, and what everyone quotes as gospel, are the rumors. The accuracy there is highly questionable.

Just over the last few years, Cedar Point rumors have included: B&M Flyer in 2007, removal of Antique Cars, a big coaster involving "500", two new rides in 2006, a Top Spin, posting in 2005 that the next big coaster was "pretty much locked" in as B&M, a new coaster skipping 500 and going to 600 feet tall, a dueling coaster with combined lift hill heights of 500-600 feet, and a Huss Topple Tower in 2008.

Some say that he qualifies his updates as rumors. But if you're going to credit him for a hit, you have to criticize him for the misses. Every time he posts a Cedar Point rumor, someone repeats it as if it has credibility. That doesn't mean every item is a swing and a miss, but with a batting average that low, how can you know when the hit is coming?

I appreciate his work and his website success, but if you live by the rumor, you'll die by the rumor.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

While I don't have time to go through every post here, I'm just going to give my 2 cents. If you look at all the hints so far...

Thrill Ride
On (or near) beach
History

Not too mention SFMM is tied with CP at 17, and Dick has said before that he wants us to stay on top.

If we are going along the "coaster lines" of what it could be, look back at history. Cyclone, Switchback Railway. Obviously Switchback Railway would have to be majorly re-designed to offer a thrilling ride, but Cyclone is the most likely prospect. It was also on the beach :) We haven't had a new wooden coaster built since 1991 either, and the markers have already been showing up. As I've said on other forums, I don't expect anything record-breaking if it's a new coaster, but sometimes you don't need that to have a great ride.

What can it be but the return of Broadway Trip?

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

^^ It is still 16 for Magic Mountain because there other one isn't up yet.

Or how about the return of Leap the Dips? It starts off with a triple down!

Rob

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Maybe when he said "history of Cedar Point" he wasn't talking about past rides. Maybe he was talking about CP's history has been full of coaster additions and thats what is coming next; a coaster, not a model of a past ride.

Let's Get Weird.

A dark ride perhaps?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Only if it's a dark ride that's also a thrill ride, apparently. Not that those are mutually exclusive, but there isn't much of what I would consider overlap between the two genres.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Did anyone notice that the ALL Wheels show ends on August 22nd?

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

Hasn't it ended on that day since it started?

Let's Get Weird.

^^ It is actually ending later from 2 years ago.

It's always done before halloweekends

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Ensign Smith said:
Only if it's a dark ride that's also a thrill ride, apparently. Not that those are mutually exclusive, but there isn't much of what I would consider overlap between the two genres.

It could be like spiderman at universal. That's a cross between a dark ride, and a thrill ride.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

That's pretty much the overlap I was imagining.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Or Darkastle.

Let's Get Weird.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service