Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Not an Intaride makes me happy :)

PLEASE be a GCI!!!
But will be happy with what ever it is :)

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2031 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

This will fun to keep waiting to see what it is!!!!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

Just a thought , but would "Whyte Lightning" bring back a lot of memories for those who follow CP . I think it's a great name , and they already have it tradmarked. After all lightning does strike twyce , maybe that wasn't just refering to sTr's 2 drops.

That is true, it would bring back memories but not that many. I also find it interesting that Kinzel has been giving clues not Tony. Tony got stuck with STR and Kinzel is taking on the announcements for the new coaster, LOL. (only a guess.... calm down)

Hmmmm.....Dark Ride.......Earthquake......hmmmmmmm.....;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^^Well yeah, why would Kinzel want to announce a ride that is being built by Intamin? He knows that it is gonna be crap.

Last edited by coolkid2345,

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I sure do hope our famous and most reliable source "Screamscape" is wrong and it is not another Intamin creation.

I want to know what the lemon-chill guy has to say on the subject. He's more reliable then"Screamscape" anyway.

windixie06

coolkid2345 said:
^Well yeah, why would Kinzel want to announce a ride that is being built by Intamin? He knows that it is gonna be crap.

Yet he signed off on the purchase of the ride...

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Guess I should have read the whole post my bad. It is another Intamin...Sigh

windixie06

Erik it was confirmed by Kinzel to the Sandusky Register that it was not going to be an Intamin.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Its all rumors at this point. One source says it is an Intamin, one says it isn't. Only time will tell.

In the mean time, If it is an Intamin I'll be crossing my fingers for a Pre-Fab :) :) :). They're so smooth and don't require as much maintenance as a regular woodie, I'm baffled as to why Cedar Fair hasn't purchased one yet. Plus, El Toro is a-freakin-mazing.

Or a Gravity Group would be nice too... but I'd be really nervous to see one of those at a Cedar Fair park...

2012 - Magnum XL 200 Crew

What do you mean by nervous?

Krazy - it has been stated in the last several years that Kinzel has no interest in putting in an Intamin Pre-fab. Since the park uses a minimum 5 year plan, I think it is pretty safe to say that next year will not be a prefab.

Goodbye MrScott

John

TJthomas said:
What do you mean by nervous?

I don't know, just the thought of a really good Gravity Group or GCI falling into the same fate Mean Streak is in right now worries me. I could see them adding trims and what not to reduce maintenance and what not.

Thats why I feel like if Cedar Point were to put anything in there that was wooden, a Pre-fab would be the most logical choice. Sure, they can be intense, but wont Intamin build a ride to the specifications that Cedar Point gives them? It doesn't need to have the ejector air that El Toro has (although I would never leave Ohio if they put something similar to El Toro there) if they're worried about someone falling out or whatever. It doesn't require as much maintenance, and its an Intamin.

Kinzel has to have other reasons as to why he doesn't want one. It just doesn't make sense to me.

2012 - Magnum XL 200 Crew

On the idea of woodies.

A GCI or GG would be better than an Intamin prefab, as the former would be true woodies. Besides, both have their own train designs (Millennium Flyers and Timberliners, respectively) that produce generally smoother rides. A prefab might be a cool ride, but it isn't the same.

Maybe we should have a CRCTR (Council on Roller Coasters and Thrill Rides) to determine where such coasters stand.

Oh, and about the Screamscape report. I have something for the site they should have on this "prototype Intamin" article. I present them this:

[citation needed]

It might not be considered a traditional wooden coaster. But, as far as I know the main criteria for determining wood vs steel is what the train rides on and not the train itself. Which is why I (and I think most enthusiasts) will consider the new Texas Giant a steel coaster.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Personally, it could made of aluminum foil for all I care, as long as it's a great ride.

Promoter of fog.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I was thinking the same as Adam. Although I have no idea where it would fit.

Let's Get Weird.

Well heres what I know about bringing back memories

http://www.bgsu.edu/images/lib/img48088.jpg

Thats Cedar Points cyclone. It looks to me, like its on the beach.

Coaster Krazy said:
Its all rumors at this point. One source says it is an Intamin, one says it isn't. Only time will tell.

When one of the sources is Dick Kinzel, I think that source automatically wins.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service