Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Really? The photo works for me...

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

I am using Chrome, sometimes you just got to refresh the page.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I agree a Cyclone style woodie seams to fit both thrill seekers and the nostalgia clues. Also the area where demon drop was removed is not far from where the original Cyclone was. I think it's a brilliant idea. I have no idea though.

I really don't feel like we're going to get a new expensive thrill ride right after Shoot the Rapids in these tough times. I'm feeling a $5 million budget or less, but I obviously hope I'm wrong.

I ran through some of the more memorable defunct rides from CP's past and came up with Cyclone, Scamper, Jumbo Jet, Sky Wheel, and Demon Drop.

Though I feel it's too good to be true, I'd love a modern wooden coaster on the beach named Cyclone. I don't feel like Kinzel is the type to try to throw us off with his initial clue though.

What I'd love to see, and now the odds are a little better... Demon Drop back to Cedar Point, but not re-recycled from Dorney. ;)

Same location. Demon Drop X or some kind of play on the name. World's tallest drop tower, 400+ feet. New 90-degree tilt at the top, 10 second hold, dropping riders face down to the ground. If this didn't get thrill seekers excited again, I don't know what would.

A heard the ride will be a intamin new type of roller coaster for 2011 and that is semi-comfirmed to happen.

Screamscape is saying it...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

but the sandusky register said we will get a mid august announcement!!!

We're about 40 days away from knowing what it is.

That seems like a circular rumor to me. As in, Screamscape heard it here from mcccoy's highly questionable post, and is going with it because there's nothing else to go with.

Brandon

Who knows...I'm just pumped about the announcement. We've got markings covering a bigger area now, promises that the new ride will bring back memories and target thrill seekers, and an August announcement right around the corner.

Screamscape makes it sound like they have multiple "sources", but, again, who knows...

But mcccoy only said it was semi-confirmed. I think that means that only 1 out of 2 Lemon Chill guys knew about it.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Possibly a spinning modern version of a Jumbo Jet style ride? Who knows? lol

Kyle2154 said:
Screamscape makes it sound like they have multiple "sources", but, again, who knows...

No, Screamscape doesn't make it sound that way at all:

According to another source, this new Intamin creation may be a new prototype creation we haven’t seen anywhere else before. Stay Tuned!

Again, I'd bet dollars-to-donuts the unnamed "source" is the ever-reliable mcccoy lassus of Pointbuzz.

But yeah, we'll see.

Brandon

Hm, I took "another source" to mean more than one. Where is the Mcccoy post about an intamin prototype coming to CP in 2011? I see where he listed off a bunch of things he wanted, but nothing else.

It's right above your post at 9:49am.

mcccoy lassus said:
A heard the ride will be a intamin new type of roller coaster for 2011 and that is semi-comfirmed to happen.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Kyle, I was referring only to the claim of the new attraction being something new from Intamin.

Brandon

He mentioned that after he read Screamscape. Screamscape reported this very early this morning, before mccoyyy posted on here.

Screamscape has had theirs up since before 5:00 a.m. this morning, so that doesn't make sense, how did they see it there then post it if it wasn't until around 10:00 a.m. today?

Last edited by Kyle2154,

Remember though that "multiple sources" on screamscape can also mean it was a voice in his head and mouse next to his bed in his mother's basement told him the same thing.

Doesn't mean it's actually reliable.

Goodbye MrScott

John

lol

Kyle2154 said:
Screamscape has had theirs up since before 5:00 a.m. this morning, so that doesn't make sense, how did they see it there then post it if it wasn't until around 10:00 a.m. today?

OK, so mcccoy read Screamscape, and came here to share the information.

This fact does not make the information more reliable, in my opinion.

Brandon

A new Intamin prototype? *shivers*

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service