Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

It all depends on the ride, but often the year before a big ride they do much of the prep work ahead of time. Here are a few various examples:

- Dragster's tower had footer work done prior to 2002 opening day.

- Maverick and STR both had significant land clearing done the season before.

- Diamondback at KI had footers poured which were at/around the midway as trying to pour them while the park was open would have been problematic.

This is what leads me to believe that it will not be anything enormous, as "big stuff" takes more prep time. Of course, I can always hope for a message that says Disaster Transport will cease operations permanently in August for future expansion. :)

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

^ And yet Magnum, Raptor and Mantis were all started AFTER Labor Day and finished on time. So its not like there is some magical need (unless Intamin = magical) to start sooner than labor day.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Also, if it is going where Demon Drop was, land clearing has already occured

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Cedar Point needs a B&M flying coaster, a B&M floorless dive machine, a Huss top spin,a Huss topple tower,or a Indoor launching coaster. Soak city needs a Proslide Tornado but they do not need to build it because they could move it from geuga lake,a proslide behemoth bowl, a proslide dark mamoth, a proslide hydromagnetic rocket,a proslide Topsy-turvy, and a proslide pro racer. The challenge park needs a freefall and a Bungee jump and they would probably take out Disater transport and the slide tower over the main stream.

JuggaLotus said:
And yet Magnum, Raptor and Mantis were all started AFTER Labor Day and finished on time.

While I agree that it's still possible to build these rides in the same time lines as in the past. I'd like to point out that we don't really have the same amount of available time or man power as the past. The park wasn't open as long after Labor Day as it is now. In 1993 and 1995 the parks final weekend was the 1st weekend in October. And in 1988 the parks final weekend was the last weekend in September. In addition there was no Halloweekends back then. These late season weekends were not the busy weekends we have today. So, back then there there were more people available earlier to start working on the next season's projects.

Granted the coasters are built by outside contractors. But, I'm sure there is still a certain amount of full time staff that is utilized to do certain things.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

tambo said:
Camping on Causeway Drive? I don't think so.

Why wouldn't it work?

mcccoy lassus said:
coolkid2345 there is plenty of room in the challenge park to make both rides because ayou don't needs long quene.

-Where would these rides go?
-How is queue even relevant to this?
-"Quene" was a false cognate the Indian Slaves used. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome should help with the spelling issue.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

coolkid2345 said:

tambo said:
Camping on Causeway Drive? I don't think so.

Why wouldn't it work?

mcccoy lassus said:
coolkid2345 there is plenty of room in the challenge park to make both rides because you don't needs long quene.

-Where would these rides go?
-How is queue even relevant to this?
-"Quene" was a false cognate the Indian Slaves used. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome should help with the spelling issue.

^ Thanks for quoting me?

mcccoy lassus said:
Cedar Point needs a B&M flying coaster, a B&M floorless dive machine, a Huss top spin,a Huss topple tower,or a Indoor launching coaster. Soak city needs a Proslide Tornado but they do not need to build it because they could move it from geuga lake,a proslide behemoth bowl, a proslide dark mamoth, a proslide hydromagnetic rocket,a proslide Topsy-turvy, and a proslide pro racer. The challenge park needs a freefall and a Bungee jump and they would probably take out Disater transport and the slide tower over the main stream.

Sounds more of your wants then the parks needs

Coasterkyle said:

mcccoy lassus said:
Cedar Point needs a B&M flying coaster, a B&M floorless dive machine, a Huss top spin,a Huss topple tower,or a Indoor launching coaster. Soak city needs a Proslide Tornado but they do not need to build it because they could move it from geuga lake,a proslide behemoth bowl, a proslide dark mamoth, a proslide hydromagnetic rocket, and a proslide pro racer. The challenge park needs a freefall and a Bungee jump and they would probably take out Disater transport and the slide tower over the main stream.

Sounds more of your wants then the parks needs

Chuck Wagon said: Of course, I can always hope for a message that says Disaster Transport will cease operations permanently in August for future expansion. :)

That'd be nice

I live my life 2 hours, 2 minutes at a time.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^^Why do you keep quoting people without saying something back?

Let's Get Weird.

I think I should cut down on how many rides there are you Cedar Point has to get rid of disater transport to put in a more thrilling and better themed indoor coaster Disater transport has a good theme but an ok coaster. I think launching indoor coasters are more popular than any other I'd like to see a ride that you can listen to music on with differnt genres like the hollywood rip ride rockit and a ride like the rock n' roll coaster at Disney's Hollywood studios if they put in a top spin they would probably put it in the place of the turnpike cars if they took them out. Out of all the cars to take out I would take the turnpike cars out they are the least popular for the flying roller coaster I think they could find room without tearing anything down same with a floorlees dive machine I think they ccould fit both for soak city I think what they need the most is a behemoth bowl, a proracer, a tornado, and a hydromagnetic rocket and for the Tornado they could probably get it from geuaga lake wildwater kingdom and should tear down the slide tower over the main stream and last but not least the callenge park I think it needs a freefall and a bungee jump because the challenge park is not meant for little kids it is meant for ultimante thrill seakers.

My head hurts.

^^ Please learn how to spell and get rid of your RUN ON SENTENCES. The posts are impossible to read and everyone knows about all that stuff you want at Soak City. So please, just stop saying it over and over and over again.

Please excuse me from doing this, but Mcccoy, you really need to read this. http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/15470.aspx

mcccoy lassus should have said:
I think I would cut down on how many rides there are. Cedar Point has to get rid of Disaster Transport to put in a more thrilling and better themed indoor coaster. Disaster Transport has a good theme, but it's only an okay coaster.

I think launched, indoor coasters are more popular than any other. I'd like to see a ride that you can listen to music on with different genres, such as Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit, or perhaps a ride like Rock n' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

If they put in a Top Spin, they would probably put it in the current location of the Turnpike Cars. Out of all the car rides that could be removed, I would take the Turnpike Cars out. They are the least popular.

For the flying roller coaster, I think they could find room without tearing anything down, the same for a floorless dive machine. I think they could fit both.

For Soak City, I think what they need the most is a Behemoth Bowl, a Proracer, a Tornado, and a hydromagnetic rocket. For the Tornado they could probably get it from Geauga Lake's Wildwater Kingdom. They should tear down the slide tower over the main stream.

Last but not least, Challenge Park. I think it needs a freefall and a bungee jump, because Challenge Park is not meant for little kids. It is meant for ultimate thrill seekers.

That'll be 25 cents, please.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^ Since he is talking in first person, YOU is a no no. Thank you for making the post more readable!! :)

That'll be 25 cents, please.

That's at least 5 or 6 bucks worth of work there.

I cut him some slack with that. Even I use it once in a while (though usually intentionally). You know, to give a post a bit of colloquial or chatty flavor.

Edit: Chase, I'm an unemployed writer. I'll take what I can get. ;)

Last edited by Ensign Smith,

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

A sign of things to come??

http://www.gallery.pointpixels.com/categories.php?cat_id=549

It certainly does seem to be a weird spot for a ride. (not the DD site)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service