Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

mcccoy, how many new rides are you hoping to be built at cedar point in the foreseeable future? I often read posts before i look at who posted them, and I can't believe how many long lists of things you hope for. And really, you want a new wild mouse, and you want to remove gemini !?

CodyR said:
I often read posts before i look at who posted them...

That's a grave mistake in this thread.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Break Trims said:That's a grave mistake on this site.

Fixed:)

mcccoy lassus said:
I would like to see a vertical lift coaster, a top spin, a greats coasters iternational dueling coaster, a gci wooden,a indoor coaster ,a boo blasters on boo hill, a flying coaster, or a wild mouse. Rides to take out if needed would be disater transport, corckscrew, gemini, or wildcat

Oh my lord, if I hear that you want a top spin one more time, I am gonna flip out. This thread is not about what you want to see, it's about what is realistic for the park.
On the bright side, I am glad to see the commas are mostly in the correct spots. Lets try to see an effort with the capitalization in your posts. I see some missing periods in there too.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hopes CP doesn't add a spin coaster.

Maybe a mauer shone X-coaster music?

I wonder how much the StR delay has impacted them releasing more hints/information about the 2011 attraction. If StR had opened on time, most would have ridden it by now and we're a 1/4 of the way through the season.

They probably can't start feeding the hype machine about 2011 when 2010 isn't even off the ground yet.

Generally speaking, the park doesn't start talking at length about the following year's attraction until very late in the season. If even that early.

Brandon

The StR delay might be the reason why we are even talking about a 2011 attraction in the first place. I think that it is a possibility that Kinzel was told to drop a hint about a new ride in order to divert attention to that and away from StR. So on that line of thought, I would expect them to start hyping the 2011 ride more and more the longer and longer StR is not working...Sad if that turns out to even be remotely right though. :(

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

Who exactly would have "told" Kinzel to drop such a hint?

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ensign Smith said:

The aliens at Fort Kinzel down at Kings Island maybe?

Nobody is going to tell him to do anything but they can suggest that he do something.

^ Yeah suggested was more of what I was going after.

Ensign Smith said:

Honestly I have no clue, but I don't believe that Kinzel would go into an interview without being briefed regarding correct answers to possible questions in the interview.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

I think Mike's point is that Dick Kinzel is the president and CEO of the company. There isn't anyone above him to 'brief' him on correct answers.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Kinzel - Hey do you think I should approve this ::points at paper::
Other guy - Ummm, I would suggest maybe going over it with the others.....
Kinzel - Hmmmm, youre right, I am Kinzel....I SHOULD just go ahead and sign it.

Is that the gist of what we're getting across here? :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

For those who were saying they'd like a S&S Sky Swatter and for those who have never seen one, here is a video I shot today. I forgot how stapled you are in this ride. It's your typical S&S combination lab and shoulder bars. However, the lap bars come down automatically at a pretty good pressure. The more you wiggle and breath, the tighter it gets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjnSyhipSBI

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I would imagine the PR folks might brief Kinzel on some suggested talking points.

Next year`s new ride will probably be a new B&M because they are using B&M water dummies on STR and Bolliger spoke at Coastermania!

^And that would mean we are getting a B&M? They might have been from Raptor or something. Maybe they were cheaper than another company.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I'm a couple days late in replying (just got back from a weekend camping trip), but Vince accurately conveyed the gist of what I meant.

I've only met or seen Kinzel a dozen times or so over the years, so I'm going out on a limb here. But given what has been said about him, I suspect he's not exactly the type of executive who cultivates the opinions of his underlings about his dealings with the press. Because if he did, I'm sure that someone or other would have told him on more than one occasion to shut the frack up.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service