Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Seeing the pictures from Point Pixels makes me wonder if the long rumored lakeside revamp will be underway soon?

It's going to be a fun summer as more little clues come out (whether this is even a clue or not!)

My standards for a new ride for 2011:

1. I want it to be a really unique, different mega flat ride, that operates differently from the other flats- ex. calypso-scrambler=similar technique.

Maxair-skyhawk=similar. Chaos is actually unique, though.

Something like: Sledgehammer at canada's wonderland! :)

2. It will look good in DD's spot, right at the entrance, to "greet" guests as they come into the park.

3. There is only one in the world, and it looks fun and thrilling. Plus, it will be cool to watch if you are a security entrance employee or you're in the parking lot eating lunch and what not.

Sledgehammer is an S&S Jump2. The idea has already been thrown out there, but apparently it is a mechanics nightmare.

R.I.P. Mr. Scott

...and any of that Intamin stuff the park is full of isn't?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Maybe Intamin installed the water and sewer lines and now they need maintenance too?

I'm surprised no one has jumped to the conclusion that the new ride must be a water ride because the markings seem to indicate water lines.

I tend to lean away from any of the Huss giants. After the fiasco that is now The Crypt, and the fact that even Delirium and MaXair have both had major mechanical failures in multiple years, I just don't think buying another would be advised.

Still, I think CP will break the mold and wait until 2012 to add another coaster. The first 5+ year break in a long time

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Chuck Wagon said:
I'm surprised no one has jumped to the conclusion that the new ride must be a water ride because the markings seem to indicate water lines.

They indicate existing water lines. Utility lines get marked so excavators know where to be careful when digging. If new lines were being tapped in, you would also likely see markings of where to saw-cut the pavement. You also wouldn't mark all the lines. You would only mark the utilities in the area of where you were planning on digging. Since the utilities are marked everywhere, it's tough to know exactly what is going on.

The first 5+ year break in a long time

I would love a new coaster. But wouldn't be disappointed with a fun new thrill ride. Coasters aren't going to be going in every few years forever. If they did, the park would be nothing but coasters in about 50 years. I realize there are people here who would love that. But, it's obviously not a realistic scenario.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I wouldn't mind another thrill ride like a MaXair or Skyhawk, only with a little different element to it. Skyhawk is the only ride in the park that really scares me (always feel like I'm going to fly/drop out at either apex) and MaXair is just pure enjoyment for me.

I'd still take a coaster anyday, but the chances seem kind of slim.

In best Animal voice: "DARK RIDE! DARK RIDE! DARK RIDE!!!!!!"

I now return you to your sensible conversation. :)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Good idea Esign Smith I would love a Boo blasters on Boo hill

I agree. Something like a Boo Blasters would be a perfect fit for the Point.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Mike, would you rather have Darkastle from Busch Gardens or Boo Blasters?

Let's Get Weird.

Haven't been to BGW (or BGE, or whatever they call it this year), although I'm making my inaugural visit in a few weeks. From everything I've heard, though, it's an excellent dark ride. What do you think?

Id rather have a something similar to Darkastle. It's just a great ride all around.

I understand that many of you "want" a dark ride, but are you seriously thinking that Mr. Kinzel's "thrill seekers" comment equates to a dark ride?

I don't think so.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^Well that was my point. Boo Blasters isn't really a big thrill ride. Darkastle is. I agree it is a great ride all around.

Mike, I would reather have Darkastle. Make sure you ride it when you go. It is amazing. I haven't been on any of the Universal or Disney dark rides, but I can imagine that Darkastle is right up there with them. I don't get scared, but the 3D and special effects made me jump everytime. I was blown away by it.

Let's Get Weird.

I will, and thanks for the tip. Can't wait.

I know the odds for a dark ride on the peninsula are a long shot. Still gotta hope. :)

To me the sensory type dark rides are great the first time, OK the second time, and worthless the third time. My brain learns what is going on and the affects lose their thrill. Yes I know the exact same arguement can be made about a roller coaster but I would ride almost any coaster out there 50 times before I would ride Darkastle 50 times.

boo blasters has more longevity because of the high score/gaming element.

That said, without question Dick was insinuating a big thrill, something to really "target the thrill seekers". Dark ride isn't exactly the first thing everyone thinks of, and certainly not boo blasters, lol.

Unless plans get cancelled, delayed, etc. if what Dick said isn't a lock for a thrill ride/coaster in 2011 then I'll use it for future reference and not believe anything until a ride is announced.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service