Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

I think it would be pretty cool to see at night if they put lights on the sides of the seats on the Wind Seeker, and then also put lights on the bottom of it looking up the tower.

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

That has not been confirmed, and doesn't appear legitimate.

EDIT: My post was in response to another member's deleted post that claimed CW was getting this. Not sure why said member felt the need to delete the post. That's annoying.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Nice how they didn't even spell "Track Length" correctly...Lenght

If that ride were true fro Wonderland, that would be AMAZING!!! That also would explain where a little bit extra of that money for Cedar Fair is going. I also would feel for the attendance of Wonderland they deserve another large Coaster like that. If this was true, I'd have to make a trip to Canada next summer.

With all of the birthing pains and ongoing problems with Dragster it would really surprise me if they put in another one. Dick has stated that Dragster was a "mistake".

I really, really hope CF is done with the lame L-TH-B coasters forever. What a complete misappropriation of a damn lot of perfectly good money.

Brandon

The average of those numbers is 402. Maybe that's the height.

First rollback=opening weekend '09

All you have to know about that article is that Cedar Fair would never build the biggest/fastest coaster at any park except Cedar Point. There's a reason it was I-305, and not I-315.

Sorry, Canada.

And yes, I think it is a safe assumption that CF is 100% done with L-TH-B coasters. :) And cheap knock-offs of Space Mountain.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

New blog post is up, and I think it is safe to say that the Wind Seeker/Sky Flyer isn't going on Ocean Motion's spot.

Chaos' spot on the other hand.....

Goodbye MrScott

John

Haha, despite these past developments, I'm very excited.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

but if you look to the right of the picture....It's not the whole picture.

That's why it's a teaser. Tony enjoys teasing us fans. It fuels him and keeps him looking young....like some kind of mythical beast. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Everything is so cryptic. We basically know what it is and I still don't get "whoops" or "round" or the picture.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Seems like the right portion was deliberately left out.

First rollback=opening weekend '09

JuggaLotus said:
New blog post is up, and I think it is safe to say that the Wind Seeker/Sky Flyer isn't going on Ocean Motion's spot.

Chaos' spot on the other hand.....

I don't know... to me, that looks like a still from the animation, where it's about to pan right, to show the tower in OM's spot. I could be wrong.

Brandon

Just to add to the mess, KI is announcing tomorrow too...

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/kings-island-will-add-new-ride-in-2011-875609.html

Sure sounds like it could be a Wind Seeker there as well, although I don't see how they would build 2 in Ohio in the same year.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Dj - I can see that. My first thought though is that this was a "before" shot of the location.

Goodbye MrScott

John

How silly of you. Creating a "before" shot would cost money!

;)

Brandon

Sheesh. KI's getting one too. How many freakin' Star Flyers are they not buying from Funtime? ;)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Hmmm..okay so if speculation is correct than that would mean we have the following parks getting star flyer type rides: Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, Canada's Wonderland(possibly), and King's Island...wow..poor Funtime just got cheaped out of $8-15 million...bummer.

Last edited by Minime15834,

-Mike

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service