Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Minime15834 said:
Hmmm..okay so if speculation is correct than that would mean we have the following parks getting star flyer type rides: Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, Canada's Wonderland(possibly), and King's Island...wow..poor Funtime just got cheaped out of $8-15 million...bummer.

I don't think Cedar Fair went with another company because star flyers are tipping the scale at a whopping $2-$3 million. I think they found a better product on the market for dealing with the wind.

I think it would be funny if it was a 400' condor from Huss! It's such a silly ride!

Last edited by cyberwolf57,

Okay.......first time posting here. Have to say you guys and gals on here are funny as heck!

Anyway..........
Anyone see this from Tony's Blog

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/2010/8/23/Whoops!.cfm

What do you all make of this pic of WT? We all know a Wind Seeker is coming in but here we thought in the OM land. I wonder if somehow WT might be moving in the former DD location. Just imagine the logistics involved with that not to mention all of the electrical re-working that would have to be done. Then the WT Midway could be the new entrance for the new boardwalk and the new Wind Seeker would be the main anchor. We could also be seeing a new kiddie coaster in that area as well.

Any thoughts???

Weathergod - start here and read forward. That should get you caught up on the new blog post.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Welcome to PB.

I highly doubt WT would be moved. Its in a great location already, and takes up almost no real estate. Ocean Motion, on the other hand, would fit nicely in DD's former location. :)

Brandon

Tony did say on his twitter that he was having difficulty taking still images out of computer animations..................

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

I completely agree but then why the WT pic?

I think it's just a still image from the new ride's animation, right before the animation pans right to reveal the new ride.

Brandon

Or pulls back to show the five miles of coaster track heading to Kelley's Island and back.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

JuggaLotus said:
Weathergod - start here and read forward. That should get you caught up on the new blog post.

I read those posts already but just wanted to throw something else out there. We know what coming but don't know where yet. I am not in favor at all of moving WT but getting rid of OM and anything else around that DOES make better sense. When looking at the WT pic from Tony my first thought was they were moving it.

Weathergod said:
We know what coming but don't know where yet.

In the words of Thurgood Jenkins from the immortal classic Half Baked, the new ride is going "Right near da beach. Boy-eeee".

;)

Brandon

Would the new ride fit where Ocean Motion is right now without encroaching on the entrance to the beach? If they put the new ride in the spot where Chaos is would they maybe move the Giant Wheel to the former DD location? Would they need to? I cannot picture the distance between Chaos and GW in my head or how it relates to the new ride. I actually kind of like the GW where it is.

I think the OM site has plenty of space for the new ride. OM's queue is well landscaped and spacious, plus there is pavement on all sides of the ride.

Chaos' spot is much smaller by comparison. I don't think anything other than a normal flat would fit there.

I too favor moving OM to the DD site. It would almost fit in with Hurricane Hannah's across the midway.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

http://a.imageshack.us/img375/9760/skycore.png

::Cough:: bs ::cough::

Not speaking to you Dj, I know you just quoted it. There's so much wrong with that picture I don't know where to start, but lets pretend I live in the same little dream-world whoever photoshop'd that does. It was specifically cropped, but the adobe pdf was left to make it more "legit". Why go to 488 feet, why not go 12 feet more and break the 500 foot barrier while you're at it? I'm sure the OP realized his spelling mistake and took his post down.

I agree that the animation will probably pan to the side, and I think what Tony was speaking of in terms of it being difficult to get a still image of is that he's trying to take a decent photograph of the computer or tv screen he's viewing it on. Not so much getting a screen shot of the animation. Poor facebook people though, this announcement will be less of a surprise and more of a doctor giving bad news

80+ coasters and counting

Can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully I'm on my computer during that time................

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

TheRealLasagna said:
Can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully I'm on my computer during that time................

Sets alarm on phone now, it'll be great to see what the rest of the picture on Tonys monitor is.
And if there is anything more than the swing.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Why?

We already know what is is......have for a while now.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Seeing where the stakes were/are at (2 on the beach outside the gate, 1 in front of OM) and all the markings for underground utilities, I would think this is going in the area of Ocean Motion. Would not be surprised at all to see the stadium and jet ski rental building knocked down as well. If this ride is going to be in the 400 foot range, I would think the footprint for the base and supporting structure would have to be pretty big. If the stadium and jet ski building were removed and the gate relocated, and OM removed / relocated / sold, you would have an abundance of room for the base and queue lines for what appears to be coming.

Last edited by Chase Gilbert,

I think the stadium is going to stay, you can see it in the picture next to Wicked Twister on the picture.

Anyone else see this on the Knott's Facebook, "Do you dare to fly 301' through the above Knott's?" Everyone is getting one of these, CF must have gotten one of those frequent buyer cards. Buy three get the fourth free/taller?

Last edited by ibikeiswimirun,

Joined 10/29/02 as realmadrid311 403 prior posts never liked that name.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service