Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

If indeed all the parks announcing new rides today are Windseekers, I will be very dissapointed with CF. $5 million dollars for one of those things??

Wait are you complaining about the ride? Or how much it costs?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

In the realm of amusement park attractions, $5 million isn't very much. Skyhawk cost $6 million, for comparison.

Brandon

Well, I do think it's a little more that I thought it would cost. And I think its just boring to have the same type announced on the same day, especially if two are in Ohio plus MIA. I know that they will most likely be different heights, but come on Cedar Fair.

Also, in the picture on CP's blog yesterday, has anyone noticed that MaxAir isn't there? Maybe its me and I just cant see it, but I wanted to bring that to everyones attention.

Last edited by Buckeye122,

I'm curious as to why CW's press release says that riders will experience "a sensational feeling of weightlessness", wouldn't riders be experiencing positive G's rather than negative?

Buckeye122 said:
If indeed all the parks announcing new rides today are Windseekers, I will be very dissapointed with CF. $5 million dollars for one of those things??

Who cares what you will be "dissapointed" in?

I won't be "disappointed" with anything new. lol

The nice thing about this attraction is it delivers an 'ooh-ah' visual effect. Whatever the ride experience ends up being (and I don't think most people who can tolerate spin 'n pukes will be disappointed), it sure looks like an impressive addition. I'm going out on not much of a limb and predicting that every CF park (except Great America, natch) will receive one of these in the next three years.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I won't be dissapointed with the ride itself. In fact I would love it! It seems tacky to add Windseekers to almost half of the parks at once. But, CF knows what they are doing right? ha

Hmmm, I'm wondering if the stadium is gone now. Check out T&T's blog this morning. They show a photo of Wicked Twister from the water, and an arrow is pointing towards the stadium. Maybe Ocean Motion's location is for the q-line?

Being that the animation is used to showcase how the new ride will look, I don't see how the animation suggests that the stadium is leaving.

Brandon

Does anyone have a link to the information regarding Carowinds wind seeker? My dang adobe flash player isn't working so I can't view the animation...

Canada's Wonderland's Wind Seeker:
http://canadaswonderland.com/attractions/detail.cfm?ai_id=691

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Have we heard anything about the height requirement for a Wind Seeker? My guess would be 52" but it's hard to tell with the computer simulation's restraints.

Thanks, I'm guessing they are the same height at CW and CW?

I must say, I'm impressed. It just looks, I dunno, more modern than the Star Flyer. The seats look better, the arms look better going up than the chain. Looks pretty intimidating too.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

net said:
Hmmm, I'm wondering if the stadium is gone now. Check out T&T's blog this morning. They show a photo of Wicked Twister from the water, and an arrow is pointing towards the stadium. Maybe Ocean Motion's location is for the q-line?

A - the stadium is in that picture.

B - The "arrow" is just the standard windows cursor, and the most likely answer is that Tony just didn't move it off the screen prior to taking his photo.

And Tony, these pictures would come out much nicer if you guys finally ditched your 1984 CRT monitors and upgraded to LCD.

Goodbye MrScott

John

And as soon as you can demonstrate a positive ROI on those LCD's, they'll get right on it! ;)

This post was typed on a 21" ViewSonic P810 CRT. :)

Brandon

Your monitor can type?! Shoot, I'm still using a keyboard! :)

My 20 year old 21" CRT finally died. A couple years ago my boss upgraded me to a Optiquest Q241wb 24" LCD. It's awesome. :)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I'm running twin Dell 21" LCDs. If I could get the department to spring for another one, I would.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Note that the Knotts announcement lists a height requirement of
"over 48 inches"

Last edited by TTD is sinking too!,

Hey, I heard a rumor that Top Thrill Dragster is sinking...

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service