Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Kyle2154 said:
So anyone want to place any exact guesses on the height for our Wind Seeker?

I'm guessing it'll either follow suit and be 301 ft, or it'll go for the flat world record and be just over 415 ft.

I think Cedar Point's gonna make it break the record for tallest flat, and then Six Flags is gonna build a ride just like it but 30 ft taller. ;)

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Hello From Winnipeg,

I am a gold passholder at our Wonderland park and visited Cedar Point & Adventure Michigan for the first time in June. Cedar Point is bigger than Wonderland and a lot of fun too. You should come to Canada next summer to try our rides.

I have learned a lot about Cedar Point from this site. We just learned here what the new ride at Wonderland will be in 2011.

I don't to deflate your goodtime, but here is some video of WindSeeker:

http://cfcw.media.cfnslb1.cedarfair.com/_windseeker2011/videos/capital2011.html

djDaemon said:
Actually, it takes 50 seconds to reach the top of the 300 foot towers, so it will probably take just over a minute to get to the top of Stratosoar. And that minute-plus would indeed provide some spectacular views. The only problem is that the carriage doesn't spin until you get to the top, so your view may be somewhat limited, depending on your seat. Though really, from 400 feet, any view should be pretty nice.

I know animations aren't always 100% accurate, but they show the carriage spinning on ascent....

Nick

WINDSEEKER IS NEW FOR AT KNOTT'S BERRY FARMS IN 2011 :( what could Cedar Point have?

Tennessee_CP_Fan said:
I know animations aren't always 100% accurate, but they show the carriage spinning on ascent....

Ah, I didn't notice that. That's certainly good.

Brandon

Canada's Wonderland AND Knott's Berryfarm are getting wind seekers. If Cedar Fair is putting up rides like their commercials, Cedar Point might be getting the same. Could KBF and CW be getting Windseekers and CP be getting the "record breaking" Wind Seeker? We'll know in 2 hours. To tell you the truth, I have NO idea now.

If the animation is accurate, it looks about ideal for the view. Slow spin about 2/3 of the way up, then gradual speed up to full speed at the top.

Knott's is replacing their space spiral type ride for this. Not exactly an equal replacement. Only thrill seekers who aren't overly squeamish about heights will be able to ride this. And no picture taking allowed, I'm sure.

1.Raptor 2.Maverick 3.SV 3.MF 4.Rougarou 5.GK 6.Valravn 7.BS 8.WT 9.Gemini 10.CCMR 11.Magnum 12.TTD 13.CS 15.WE 16.ID

Knott's Berry Windseeker is 301ft Cedar Point's could be 400ft or around 330ft.

Given that we know the name is Stratosoar, I would be surprised if CP's is less than 400 feet.

Brandon

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Anybody else have the idea that they will paint this thing to look like a lighthouse? Looking at the Video from CW it kinda looks like one. If it had a giant spinning light on the top that would be sweet.

Let's Get Weird.

We eagerly await our fate...

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Anybody else have the idea that they will paint this thing to look like a lighthouse? Looking at the Video from CW it kinda looks like one. If it had a giant spinning light on the top that would be sweet.

Wow I hope so that would be awesome! Now I'm going to be disappointed when it's white, blue, red, and yellow.

Joined 10/29/02 as realmadrid311 403 prior posts never liked that name.

This little bit of suspense that is left is killing me! Although, I must say, I think it's kinda funny that in each video so far, it starts off showing a big roller coaster going up or down the hill and then pans over to the windseeker...kinda looks like the same thing with wicked twister. :)

-Mike

The only problem with my idea is that Stratasoar doesn't really say lighthouse to me.

Let's Get Weird.

Well, going vertical for 420 feet doesn't exactly say dragster to me. That's generally considered a bad thing on a drag strip.

Goodbye MrScott

John

^haha that may or may not have just made my day. :)

-Mike

JuggaLotus said:
Well, going vertical for 420 feet doesn't exactly say dragster to me. That's generally considered a bad thing on a drag strip.

Oh my god, I never burst out laughing, but that honestly made me.

Well then I guess anything can happen. :) We'll know in 16 minutes.

Let's Get Weird.

This is killing me I haven't hit F5 on a page so many times in my life.

A watched kettle....

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service