Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

So, it's an estimate, and not an actual figure. That changes things, at least a little. Cap ex could be as low as $75 million (or perhaps even less), and still be "estimated" at $80 million.

Brandon

It would still leave a gap of about $20-$25M

Repainting, IMO, could be added to the value of an asset and therefore CapEx... but I don't really see what else is going to drop such serious cash.

Ross Haberman - Haberman Management Corp

Just a couple quick questions. Could you refresh us on what the capital expenditures are going to be for this year and possibly next year?

Dick Kinzel
Yeah, we're going to be right on $90 million this year. We had three large capital programs of this year and we haven't disclosed next year's capital yet but, historically we're always between 80 and $90 million in CapEx that we're very comfortable with.

Peter Crage
Well following through that cash flow statement that's seasonal CapEx might be between 80-85 million if you're modeling this, we figure about 85 million in cash flow this year to Dick's 90 million, right in hat range.

Transcript

I think the key words are "this year" and "historically." I don't read that as necessarily meaning $80M-$90M for 2011.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Easy. They already spent 20-25 million of next years budget on wheels, trims, and new restraints for Intimidator-305.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

With the OnPoint! blog post, i noticed how the picture also cut off right at Disaster Transport. Though this theory may/may not be thought of as "already confirmed", do you think they are still going to move Ocean Motion to the former Demon Drop site?

Last edited by TheRealLasagna,

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

I'm sorry to complain, but I really don't think this ride reaches out to thrill seekers just by looking at the animations. It looks FUN, but not thrilling. I am going to have to say I am a little dissappointed. Maybe the ride will be better in real life. I mean, I305 suprised the heck out of me when it first opened. Maybe this will do the same.

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:
I'm sorry to complain, but I really don't think this ride reaches out to thrill seekers just by looking at the animations. It looks FUN, but not thrilling. I am going to have to say I am a little dissappointed. Maybe the ride will be better in real life. I mean, I305 suprised the heck out of me when it first opened. Maybe this will do the same.

I'm a thrill seeker and I'm so "reached" I'm scared I may not even ride it. :)

There are a lot of capex dollars spent that isn't really even going to be noticed by customers.

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:

While I agree that it doesn't look that thrilling, to many people "tall ride" = "thrill ride".

Walt - thanks.

TheRealLasagna said:
With the OnPoint! blog post, i noticed how the picture also cut off right at Disaster Transport.

Not quite, a sizeable chunk of DT is visible in the screen capture, so it isn't going anywhere. Same with the stadium. It is still clearly visible in the image.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Lets wait till the thing even gets announced before we criticize it, shall we? Or maybe we should wait to ride it before we review it?

Sounds like a novel idea!

What fun is that? :)

Dick Kinzel

Based on the EBITDA 320 to 340, I will give you a few components of cash and cash requirements. We had stated in our comments about $20 million to $23 million in cash taxes. We expect interest expenses, cash interest expense to be in their $125 million to $130 million range. And with respect to capital, our seasonal capital is $90 million but our best guess right now is $75 million to $80 million on a fiscal year basis

- From the Q1 call.

So it does sound like Dick planned on this year being below average.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect any "surprise!" cap ex plans based on those comments.

Brandon

JuggaLotus said:
Walt - thanks.

TheRealLasagna said:
With the OnPoint! blog post, i noticed how the picture also cut off right at Disaster Transport.

Not quite, a sizeable chunk of DT is visible in the screen capture, so it isn't going anywhere. Same with the stadium. It is still clearly visible in the image.

Sorry my bad, I worded that wrong. I meant that you see Disaster Transport but nothing to the left of it, so Ocean Motion may go in Demon Drop's old site. :)

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

So anyone want to place any exact guesses on the height for our Wind Seeker?

I'm guessing it'll either follow suit and be 301 ft, or it'll go for the flat world record and be just over 415 ft.

Kyle2154 said:

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:

I'm a thrill seeker and I'm so "reached" I'm scared I may not even ride it. :)

I would agree with both of you. It is deffinitely a thrill ride, but not the same type of thrill as maXair or Skyhawk. It looks fairly tame, but I am sure it will be different when on the ride.

I am slightly disappointed the ride has no changes in height the way the StarFlyer does. Mondial might consider in the future having hydraulics to cotrol the swing of each arm. Having even slight changes in the angle of the arm at that height would deffinitely add to the thrills. I also hope CP goes to town with the lighting and the area around the ride.

As probably the most coaster-happy poster over the past four months, I can't say I am totally disappointed with the look of the Windseeker. However, next year, let's spring for a new coasters CP. Umm...500 feet with a 300 foot vertical loop should do just fine. ;)

This is fun...

I can almost hear Oprah yelling: "You get a Windseeker!", "You get a Windseeker!", "Everyone gets a Windseeker!!!"

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Kyle2154 said:

I'm guessing it'll either follow suit and be 301 ft, or it'll go for the flat world record and be just over 415 ft.

Yeah, but the current flat record holder is SBNO.

Lasagna - ok, that makes more sense. Although, I dont' know if you'd be able to see OM over top of DT anyway.

And does moving it impact the sale in any way? If CP pays to move OM to Demon Drop's old site, and then in May of next year someone offers them the asking price, is it worth it?

Goodbye MrScott

John

JuggaLotus said:

Kyle2154 said:

Yeah, but the current flat record holder is SBNO.

Lasagna - ok, that makes more sense. Although, I dont' know if you'd be able to see OM over top of DT anyway.

And does moving it impact the sale in any way? If CP pays to move OM to Demon Drop's old site, and then in May of next year someone offers them the asking price, is it worth it?

Certainly it does. Take for example if they're selling it for $200k now, someone offers $125k, they say no... pay $75k to move it and sell for $200k next year.

Of course they may take all of that into consideration, and realize that while mathematically it is a wash, they would just assume keep the ride around for 1, 2, 3, or 4 more years until the land is truely needed.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service