Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

And I hear that kings island is announcing the new attraction for next year tommarow as well.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

crazy horse said:Why?We already know what is is......have for a while now.

I think it's now more anticipation to see what the resulting area will look like. Which I cant wait. I'll definitely be sneaking to a computer tomorrow when the boss isn't looking. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Okay so Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, Canada's Wonderland, and King's Island are all definitely announcing the new attractions tomorrow and we know for sure that at least the ones for CP, KBF, and CW are going to be tall and most likely all wind seeker/star flyers but we don't know anything about what KI is getting.

-Mike

Or what Michigans adveture is getting.

I wonder why there have not been any clues to what the new attraction is at kings island?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

They only clues are that it "will stand taller than Diamondback and will change the skyline of the park," according the news today:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/kings-island-will-a...75609.html

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Well, since there have been no reports of any construction going on at kings island, I am going to lean towerds a starflyer.

If it's a swing taller than Space Spiral (Second tallest ride in Cedar Point) than count me in.

Last edited by JoinmyCedarPointfacebookpage,

People,

This 2011 watch has been a real pleasure with all of you as my co-guessers and in many cases teachers. I will be at the park tomorrow and will learn of the new ride via cell-phone. I thank you all for a lot of fun and interesting conversation. See you on the general discussion boards soon.

WW

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

A number of pages back (don't know which pg #), some of you talked about a CF's expansion budget for 2011 being 80 mill. (I think I'm remembering it correctly?) So do you think that with CP, CW, KBF, KI & Carowinds all getting new rides/attractions next year, it totals that much?

Just in case you guys don't know....I just was on CW's fb page and read that they are posting their announcement on fb betw/ 7a.m. & 7:30 a.m.

Michigan's Adventure will probably get nothing as usual.

5.5 hours to go! Wind Seeker is my guess. But will there be more?

No.

Brandon

So, now the big Q is how tall will CP's be.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

It looks like the name for CW ride is WindSeeker.
CP might be Stratosoar. Over 400ft with "strata"

I wish I could say I can't believe they're naming CW's ride after the product name itself, but I can.

I look forward to CP adding GCI Twister Coaster 1 sometime in the next few years.

Brandon

At least it's not too bad of a name. Better than just a few CF's come up with on its own lately...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Is anyone concerned about Mondial's ability to properly engineer and anchor something this big? It seems so far beyond their comfort zone.

Maybe that's why John H is afraid to ride it.

Hey, I heard a rumor that Top Thrill Dragster is sinking...

Tower rides, or even tower structures in general, are not in any way a new engineering problem. A very similar structure - Space Spiral - is about the same height, and it was built almost 50 years ago.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service