Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Reading throug the link on the barefoot clue made my head hurt. I have to say that bare feet would indicate no sandals on the ride such as maxair, skyhawk, etc. The square roots link leads me to look at one of those numbers as the height such as 400. Of course my answers are swayed by the talk about starflyers and giant swings.;)

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

wcfootball75 said:
The announcement is at 2pm on facebook. And I thought I read somewhere that the media announcement is at 2:30.

Also did anyone notice the triangular numbers between 50 and 70? The triangular numbers are 55 and 66. I wonder what those could mean along with the square numbers between 300 and 500.

I was also wondering that.

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

maybe the speed?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Jason Hammond said:
maybe the speed?

That's crazy we all know it's going to go 160mph+. Haha just kidding what you said is a good possibility.

The way that I took it was that the square numbers could be the height like 400' and the traingular numbers could be the speed. But I'm not sure if they would want it to be going 50mph+ when you are possibly 400 feet in the air..

-Mike

Well here it says the windseeker is 213 feet tall and goes 43mph. If they've upped the ante to 400 feet +/-, higher speeds seem a reasonable assumption as well. I'm calling 55 MPH and 441 feet tall with 32 rows of side by side seats.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

Why 441 feet? Sounds kinda...random?

Oh haha nevermind. I didn't realize that was one of the square roots..I just figured 400 feet would be the max since that was the alleged original plan with funtime.

Last edited by Minime15834,

-Mike

The triangle numbers could mean a few things, but I'm wondering if its angle of swing seats at full speed...

I agree with the 441 foot comment, a 400 foot windseeker wouldn't actually spin you at 400 feet, more like 370 give or take. First thing I thought of when I saw the legs/feet was the dangling legs/feet during the ride.

80+ coasters and counting

Do you guys think they will do something in the park Tuesday? We are going to the park and don't want to miss the big unveil.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

i do not think so i think they will just be talking and giving speeches maybe unveil what the new ride will look like and have some animation of the ride in action and what it will look like highly doubt it though 2 press releases each a half hour plus the Facebook release is the first one they will have

If i am wrong tell me
I am not prefect neither is anyone else

I would assume that they'd do something about the new ride at the park on Tuesday.

On second thought let's not go to Six Flags, 'tis a silly place.

Kings Island did for Diamondback. But, I can't remember CP doing anything in recent history for any new rides.

I struck a nerve! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

PointBuzz = laughingstock of the enthusiast world.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I would bet on Wednesday they would have a giant sign in the area showing off what it will look like. They did it with Shoot the Rapids. Other than that, I don't think they will have a big press conference or anything in the park on Tuesday.

EDIT:

I don't know why but I have the feeling that (assuming the new ride's name is Stratasoar) the new ride's entrance will be like Behemoth.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3YBx44gJgm0/SKcgN8pk2VI/AAAAAAAADXE/k1pShKsIIH8/s320/entrance.jpg

I can see the name of the ride being wrapped around the ride area. Big letters on post wrapped around a giant swing on the beach would look pretty cool.

Last edited by Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.,

Let's Get Weird.

RaceRinger said:
I struck a nerve! Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Would you just leave then please?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:

I don't know why but I have the feeling that (assuming the new ride's name is Stratasoar) the new ride's entrance will be like Behemoth.

I can see the name of the ride being wrapped around the ride area. Big letters on post wrapped around a giant swing on the beach would look pretty cool.

That would be cool near the beach, but I would rather see it on a pier. I know not going to happen, but I can dream.

Last edited by OKSIRYDOC,

I hope they have some sweet strobelights at night on this bad boy..:)

Let's Get Weird.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3YBx44gJgm0/SKcgN8pk2VI/AAAAAAAADXE/k1pShKsIIH8/s320/entrance.jpg

But do you really think they would do something like that when they already have the big Wicked Twister entrance thingy with the huge logo and big flags and what not in that same general area..I think that both near each other would just look kinda tacky..just my opinion though.

-Mike

It depends how close it is to WT. The Ocean Motion area is far enough away, I think, for it to be ok. The bad thing is we don't exactly know where its going in yet. Just somewhere on the beach.

Also, WT's grand entrance is just a couple of flags. I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to get rid of it.

Let's Get Weird.

Well I personally like those couple of flags, but that could be just me. :) And yeah I guess you're right about them being a pretty good distance apart..I haven't been to the park since last year and even still didn't spend much time in the ocean motion area, so I'm not one to say how close together they are.

P.S. I just looked at Knott's newest "clue" and it seems weird that they would be so bold about it. That kinda gives away a lot by saying it will be taller than the supreme scream.

-Mike

RaceRinger said:

PointBuzz = the unquestioned leader of Cedar Point news and discussion ... no matter what the haters say.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service