Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

What I suspect is that CF was in the middle of in-depth discussions with Funtime to the point that, without signing any contracts, they both assumed it was going to result in a sale...and not just any sale, but three whopping large units, all in the same season. For a company like Funtime, this is like hitting the trifecta. This is big time.

Let's say CF has had concerns from the get-go about the uptime of Starflyers in high-wind environments. Let's say Funtime has put a lot of work into re-engineering their designs to fit CF's demands. In the end, CF isn't happy with what they propose, and they walk away.

Suddenly, Funtime has been given the shaft for a substantial amount of work they've put into what they thought was a fait accompli. The loss of this huge multi-unit contract is a severe blow to their revenue expectations. Not to mention, CF decides it will go with Mondial, Funtime's upstart knock-off competitor.

All hypothetical, obviously. But it explains all the facts on the ground, as we understand them. It explains why Tony was mystically referencing "having fun" or "having a fun time", or whatever it was he was saying some weeks/months ago.

The only question is, why isn't Funtime suing Mondial? I'm guessing it's because Mondial -- and perhaps other manufacturers as well -- have already built Starflyer knockoffs, and Funtime hasn't sued (somebody correct me if I'm wrong on this). So perhaps they don't have as much of a case against patent infringement as they might otherwise if they were more strictly enforcing the patent.

In this theory, Funtime is probably not actually suing Cedar Point (or -Fair) for patent infringement. That doesn't make any sense. It's probably actually for breaking what Funtime perceived as some sort of working contract, but which CF didn't view that way -- and it got quoted wrong or else was misspoken in the article.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

So is CP stopping their Facebook updates now?

What a complete mess.

Promoter of fog.

This may be newsworthy to us, but I doubt it's newsworthy to most people in the US. The story may make no sense at all, but that doesn't mean it's not legit.The paper, the journalist, and the three companies involved wouldn't put their reputations on the line for a dumb article to throw the fanboys off.

It would be very newsworthy to the shareholders and thus most likely picked up by Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Amusement Park Trade Publications.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Kevinj said:
So is CP stopping their Facebook updates now?

What a complete mess.

Nope, still updating. The "side by side" clue came out yesterday afternoon. So I would imagine they are going to continue releasing clues.

Goodbye MrScott

John

This may be more than just the ride at cedarpoint.

It looks like knotts and canadas wonderland are getting star flyers as well. Funtime may have thought they had a 3 ride deal, and then it got yanked away at the last min.

Untill we find out more, all we can do is guess.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Do you think maybe? That's an interesting theory.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

When I click the "new in 2011" tab on CP's Facebook page it is all screwed up...the picture is giant, and only the top left corner shows.

Promoter of fog.

^Same thing with me. It did this once yesterday as well for me.

Yea...me too.

I thought it was an issue with my computer.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

^Maybe they do this when they are updating?

I cant believe its a starflyer type ride. I would have never guessed!!! lol

I wonder if there are still more irrational people that believe a new coaster is coming instead of the starflyer.

Last edited by buckeyeminister,

I also have been having problems with the 2011 tab on Facebook.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

It is normal for me now.

EDIT: New clue guys.

Last edited by Blimst,

diaper eh

Diaper = CP thinks the people who whine on their facebook page are babies

The diaper is for the Funtime execs.

Promoter of fog.

If someone can, can you put up the clue on here, I can't see Facebook while I'm here at work. Is it just a picture of a diaper?

Do you think they are saying the new ride will be so scary we'll need that to ride :)

Its a pic of a diaper, no link this time.

1. It could mean the ride is crappy

2. It will make you poo yourself

3. Its a kids ride, looking at the two first links, kid sites, and the two adults on the beach, maybe getting ready to.......

4. Maybe they are calling FunTime a baby!!

I think your point 2 is right!!! I mean, I literally doubt anybody would, maybe someone. But just to get the point across that it will be scary.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service