Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Unless they want to clear out DT and all the land on that side of the park through the stadium.

Obviously they will not be doing that in 2011, but CP turns 150 in 2020. Any bets on a coaster named Cyclone that uses all of that space?

A possibility, not a prediction

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Anybody remember the big new attraction for Cedar Point's 125th season?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Breakers East, expansion of Soak City (Zoom Flume and Choo Choo Lagoon), and the Cedar Point Summer Spectacular if I remember correctly.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Was that a rhetorical question?

Ok, a bit of history...

125th Season 1994 - Raptor

100th Season 1969 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride and Antique Cars

75th Season 1944 - Flying Scooters

50th Season 1919 - Eden Musee

25th Season 1894 - Beach additions include a pony track, diving platform, water toboggan, horizontal bars, water trapeze and bicycle boats

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

TimChat2 said:
Breakers East, expansion of Soak City (Zoom Flume and Choo Choo Lagoon), and the Cedar Point Summer Spectacular if I remember correctly.

No, that was their 125th aniversary. Dave asked about their 125th season. :)

He's a tricky one! :)

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

125th Anniversary 1995 - What Tim said & Cedar Fair purchases Worlds of Fun

100th Anniversary 1970 - This was a huge year. The Million dollar midway. Centennial Theatre, Wildcat, Tiki Twirl, Bayern Kurve, Dodgem (Dodgem II), Schwabinchen, Himalaya (Super Himalaya), Monster, Hofbrau and a redesigned Kiddieland

75th Anniversary 1945 - ?

50th Anniversary 1920 - ?

25th Anniversary 1895 - ?

Moral of the story? With the exception of 1970, just like the Millennium being celebrated on January 1st 2000 instead of 2001, people don't really seem to care about the actual anniversary.

The point was that Cedar Point turned 125, and what they got was the laser show and the ugliest projection screen in North America. So the fact that Year #150 is only a decade off probably doesn't mean much in terms of capex.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Of course, CP celebrated its 125th year between its 124th & 125th birthdays. It totally redid the front area of the park, moving the Main Carousel & Callypso, and building Raptor for its 125th year.

I bet that CP will celebrate its 150th year. Whether before or after its 150th birthday is irrelevant to the point.

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Cedar point needs a b&m flying roller coaster, a b&m floorless dive machine, or a Arrow 4th demension coaster. But if they got two rides both wouldn't be coasters. They need a topple tower,or a top spin. I don't feel like Cdar Point needs a freefall becasue of the power tower having a drop and a shot. I don't think they need a new woodie but they do need timberline trains for the mean streak. If they took out a roller coaster it would be disater transport or the corcksrew. If they took out diaster transport they would make a new indoor roller coaster probably like revenge of the mummy. If they tor down corcksrew they would make the top spin because I heard they were tearing down the antiuqe cars and that is a perfect spot for that topple tower. Cedar Point has room for a coaster to go in the parking lot behind disater transport, room inbeetween the mean streak and gemini, room in the main parking lot. If cedar point built all of this tearing down disater transport would come last. IT would be done by Cedar Points 150th B-day. But i'm hoping for the flying coaster and the top spin in 2011.

Does anybody really want a coaster out in the parking lot? Six flags seems to do this alot and i think it looks like crap.

windixie06

^^Welcome to PointBuzz.

May I suggest reading through a little bit of speculation and backing up your ideas next time.

• They are good, and no doubt all enthusiasts would love to see the B&M flyer go into place, however it has been reported that B&M Divers are contracted exclusively by Busch Gardens and SeaWorld, and that fact that no one will get an Arrow ynamics coaster ever again, seeing as they are bankrupt.
  • Topple towers are unproven technologies and Top Spins have already been suggested multiple times.
  • Timberliner Trains will NEVER happen for MS, as that coaster was built by CCI, not GG, plus the fact that they can't even get them on the Voyage right now. As far as I know, GG does not do track reprofiling or structure work, that is GCII.
  • Corckscrew will not be removed any time in the near future, as it is one of the most historic rides at CP. That and the fact that it still pulls in great numbers for an old coaster.
  • Why would CP remove DT in favor of another indoor coaster? That makes no sense.
  • The Antique Cars could be a good place for a future ride, but seeing as how many people love to ride that ride, it is extremely unlikely, even if there is another type of this ride at the front of the park. The Turnpike Cars are a more likely option.
  • The parking lot idea has been addressed over and over and over again. No need to bring it up now. You're beating a dead horse.
  • The area between MS and Gemini, while looking empty on the park map, houses the ride workshop that is shown in the winter Pointcast. It is something that is not moved easily.
  • Cedar Point would NEVER, EVER built all of that.
  • Please give up your hopes now of getting two major additions in 2011. Its one or the other. We can't have it all.

Don't take this as a critique on yourself but rather a learning experience. Its the only way we PBers know how to induct a new memeber. I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

-RW18

^I think CP would do a much better job than SF at a parking lot coaster. I think most people were hoping that they would tear up the actual pavement and but dirt and grass and landscaping and (oh no) trees down instead of doing something similar to a RCT perspective, like SF has done.

Last edited by RideWarrior18,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I would think they would landscape it.

Let's Get Weird.

I don't know what you guys are talking about, Six Flags landscaped there parking lot coasters, look the added decorative stripes

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

RideMan said:
The point was that Cedar Point turned 125, and what they got was the laser show and the ugliest projection screen in North America.

May I make an early nomination for post of the year? ;)

2007: Millennium Force, 2008: Millennium Force ATL, 2009: Top Thrill Dragster
www.pointpixels.com | www.parkpixels.com

I know they couldn't build all of that in one year and i don't care wich cars they take out and disater transport is voring and we need a true indoor coaster and I don't care about timberlines but millenium flyers could work and the corckscrew would be a perfect roller coaster to take out they could build a topple tower and a top spin. The floorless dive machine would be a good idea to it doesn't matter if busch gardens has them and the area inbetween the gemini and the mean streak would be a good spot for the floorless dive machine because i've seen it on google earth I think it would fit.

Cedar point could also make a laser blasters.

Cedar Point challenge park needs a freefall and a bungee jump to make it more exciting.

Soak City needs a water coaster, a bowl, a proslide,a rqacing mat, a encloesed raft, a flowrider, and double diper

Is that all? No partridge in a pear tree.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service