Cedar Point "Most Coasters" Title Indefinitely in 2011?

Came across this video today, Showing Six Flags Magic Mountain's plans for 2011! Looks like Superman is getting the reversed car transformation after all along with a new paint job. Maybe the trains will run in sync with eachother now! The Green Lantern is just a small X2 concept! And of course a kiddie coaster. Wow for a park that was up for sale in 2006, it sure is getting a lot of attention now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QhadnZtfCI

Cool video, but kinda makes me mad! I don't wanna see Cedar Point lose the title! Hopefully Six Flags goes bankrupt again and can't finish the projects!

Last edited by GLFan6290,

Oops... We submitted the same topic at the same time. Can someone erase mine since this one actually has the link on it? Thanks

I'm not sure "Indefinitely" was the right word for the title.

But they were bound to lose it at some point. Cedar Point has moved away from the "Build it and they will come" business model. Six Flags doesn't seem to realize that's what forced them to sell off parks and file Chapter 11 to begin with.

Six Flags did seem to come out of bankruptcy stronger, but it wasn't by duplicating the "success" of Six Flags Ohio around the country.

Goodbye MrScott

John

My bad BRcoastrpsycho34! Great Minds think alike!

And I put "Indefinitely" in the title, because for all we know, they could possibly hold off on part of the expansion. But yeah I was thinking the same thing about them probably having to file for bankruptcy again after all of this!

Will this be the first ZacSpin in the US? It looks cool, and so does the Superman retheme. I have no problem with Six Flags having a made up title, it won't effect me/most when I/they visit Cedar Point or any other park. How many people really decide soley on Coaster Capital of the World, not many. It's deffinatly not the end of the world that Cedar Point lossed a made up title, except to maybe one man. ;) Stay tuned for fan boys bashing of Six Flags...

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

I think we should have paid more attention to the meaning of "Project 18" at SFMM. As in 18 coasters, one more than the point. Two new (a kiddie coaster and a ZacSpin) and one redone (their Superman ride).

Should Cedar Point take action? I believe so, in one of two ways.

1. Build a kiddie coaster to offset the SFMM kiddie.
2. Relocate the Big Dipper here.

This comes in addition to building the Windseekers in their parks.

I wonder if the Dipper would fit along the shoreline area...after all, the Villain never could, and it was ultimately demolished...but I think the Dipper has a smaller footprint. Also, that area may not be an option if a 2012 coaster is pre-planned for the site (after all, STR was pre-planned).

An alternative option that would leave SFMM top for 2011 but CP in 2012 (assuming SFMM doesn't build even more coasters):

Project 20. Simply put, do the kiddie coaster, Big Dipper relo, and the 2012 mega-coaster in the same year.

1 - Why should they build a coaster for the sake of taking an imaginary title away from a park 2000 miles away?

2 - They don't own Big Dipper any more.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Spending millions of dollars on a pissing contest that has no meaning (aka "Project 20") is perhaps the worst idea ever.

And if it made financial sense to relocate The Big Dipper, someone would have done so, as opposed to letting it rot.

Brandon

JuggaLotus said:
I'm not sure "Indefinitely" was the right word for the title.

But they were bound to lose it at some point. Cedar Point has moved away from the "Build it and they will come" business model. Six Flags doesn't seem to realize that's what forced them to sell off parks and file Chapter 11 to begin with.

Six Flags did seem to come out of bankruptcy stronger, but it wasn't by duplicating the "success" of Six Flags Ohio around the country.

You do relize that one of the coasters is a coaster that has already been at the park, another is a small used coaster from another six flags park, and only 1 of the coasters(the zack spin) is a "new" coaster.

They are only buying 1 new coaster.....nothing even near what they did at six flags ohio.

Superman has been at the park for years now. All they are doing is slapping some new paint on it and running it backwords.

The small coaster they are getting is from sfno. It only cost them to move the coaster.

The one new coaster they are getting is a fairly small coaster that does not carry a huge price tag.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

While Cedar Point may lose the "Most coasters" title, I don't think they will give up the "Coaster Capitol" title quite so easily. I think they can very easily argue that they have by far the best roller coaster collection / portfolio of any park. And that's really what is important to the marketing department anyways.

Thrills Around the Corner!

JuggaLotus said:
1 - Why should they build a coaster for the sake of taking an imaginary title away from a park 2000 miles away?

I did not relize that having more coaster than any other park in the world is an "imaginary title".

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

I didn't realize the 1 was from Six Flags Not Operating until after I posted that.

So, its not quite as bad as the SFO ordeal.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Clearly, some sort of legal determination needs to be made....sheesh.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

I think they should take out chaos and put a kiddie coaster in for Planet Snoopy and put a ZacSpin where Demon Drop used to be.

How does losing the title of most coasters to Six Flags hurt your experience of the park when you visit it?

Cedar Point does not need another kiddie coaster. Not only would that be a pretty pathetic way of stealing back a title that isn't all that immense, but the two they have right now more than suffice. The coaster wars are over (for now.) CP's current strategy of appealing to the widest possible audience seems to be working quite well, and they shouldn't turn away from that just to compete with another park too far away to lose customers to.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

They might not need a "kiddie coaster", but a coaster thats fun for the whole family would be nice.

Let's Get Weird.

Cedar Point might not be the park with the most coasters, but they sure are the park having the most coasters open on the same day.

Last few times I was at magic mountaun, all the coasters were open. I think raptor joe had the same experiance with all the coasters open on her trip a few months ago as well.

I also stopped by sfga a week ago, and all the coasters were open there as well.

Under that logic, cedar point would lose points for mean streak being closed.

Who needs the most coasters when you have the best?

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service