Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

That seems like a perfectly legitimate third party source with no citations. ;)

Does anyone here:

• Know the music used in the pre announcement video showing all the coasters before Valravn
  • Will the park release that video on Youtube/FB/etc? It was a pretty sweet video
  • Will the Actual Valravn teaser be uploaded

Haven't heard anything regarding those, only the actual announcement info itself. Not sure if anything else was discussed.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

If you're talking the Legacy of Coasters, it was uploaded today.

Yeah just noticed it trying to see if anyone had the announcement video up Now to figure out that music...It's too damn familiar to me.

I have to mention this. A good friend of mine that likes roller coasters but is not an "enthusiast" called me last night and asked if I heard about the new roller coaster at CP. I said of course. Then he said isnt it great that CP is getting the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in the world!!

I started to wonder how many more people in the general public think the same?

Watching that video just now. Wow, great GREAT edits. The gear and software they have access to for making multimedia is superb. I have Vegas Pro 13 and a nice SLR & GoPro, but the steadicam, mounts & stuff they have make for some excellent shots. I'd love to get my hands on stuff like that man. Props to whoever does the videos for the Point.

Pretty much everyone I work with thinks this is the biggest in the whole world...

who has a good rendering of the track layout over a google map. CP shows one that gives you an idea, but im looking for a good flat view? anyone good at that stuff?

Capt Spaulding said:
I have to mention this. A good friend of mine that likes roller coasters but is not an "enthusiast" called me last night and asked if I heard about the new roller coaster at CP. I said of course. Then he said isnt it great that CP is getting the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in the world!!

I started to wonder how many more people in the general public think the same?

It was worse when fury was announced

Last edited by CPNostalgia,

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

EatonJB said:
who has a good rendering of the track layout over a google map. CP shows one that gives you an idea, but im looking for a good flat view? anyone good at that stuff?

I posted one in the speculation thread a week ago. I can't do a new one from renderings for a few days still.

CP Maverick said:

EatonJB said:

I posted one in the speculation thread a week ago. I can't do a new one from renderings for a few days still.

The one he posted a week ago is pretty spot on! Well done, Sir!

The legacy of coasters video from the presentation is now up online

Walt said:

The article also missed on the height, speed, length, and number of inversions.

Wasn't the height correct though?

Out of curiosity, has any one heard a number for about how much Valravn is going to cost? I can't seem to find a number anywhere.

thedevariouseffect said:

Yeah just noticed it trying to see if anyone had the announcement video up Now to figure out that music...It's too damn familiar to me.

Is this the video you're referring to? I only recorded the last part of it, but I have yet to see the official version posted yet.

https://www.facebook.com/aosmer/videos/10153333413369232/?l=196763731951509058

^ Thanks for sharing that Aaron. That video is awesome!

My favorite part of the video was that every time they got to a "landmark" coaster, this happens...

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Yeah they were really pushing that damn flute sound to the max. :)

For those asking about where the music is from... The music was created specifically for this announcement and that video.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service