Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

Random thought, but if the mid course didn't slow the ride as much as the BG dive coasters do, that second near vertical drop would be an amazing element.

Can't wait to see this whole midway revamp. I haven't ridden Blue Streak in years, and that area always seemed so closed off with the car ride. Will also be nice to see Raptor from the new view. All of that and riding what is sure to be the best coaster going over a gate at the park.

Last edited by Renegade,

CoasterFreak94 said:

For those asking about where the music is from... The music was created specifically for this announcement and that video.

According to whom?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Renegade said:
Random thought, but if the mid course didn't slow the ride as much as the BG dive coasters do, that second near vertical drop would be an amazing element.

Can't wait to see this whole midway revamp. I haven't ridden Blue Streak in years, and that area always seemed so closed off with the car ride. Will also be nice to see Raptor from the new view. All of that and riding what is sure to be the best coaster going over a gate at the park.

Magnum would like to have a word with you...

I would imagine they will test with varying degrees of braking on the midcourse before deciding whether to brush the train or grab it.

Kel said:

Pretty much everyone I work with thinks this is the biggest in the whole world...

Just saw this on The Weather Channel under Top Stories.

http://imgur.com/eJCCSIl

Where is the ride sign and plaza going to be located. I assume right in front of the queue entrance but I'm not sure.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Top notch journalism on the part of the Weather Channel. Glad they got all their facts straight.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Well seriously folks, what do you expect? They only get the weather right half of the time. We can't expect them to excel in journalism outside of their area of "expertise." :)

Good news guys! The FAA has made their determination on Valravn and contrary to the previous notice in the old thread:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/letterViewer.jsp?letterID=265238748

** DETERMINATION OF NO HAZARD TO AIR NAVIGATION **

The Federal Aviation Administration has conducted an aeronautical study under the provisions of 49 U.S.C., Section 44718 and if applicable Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 77, concerning:

Structure: Tower CEDAR POINT

Latitude: 41-28-50.00N NAD 83

Longitude: 82-41-01.00W

Heights:

579 feet site elevation (SE)

230 feet above ground level (AGL)

809 feet above mean sea level (AMSL)

This aeronautical study revealed that the structure does not exceed obstruction standards and would not be a hazard to air navigation provided the following condition(s), if any, is(are) met:

As a condition to this Determination, the structure is marked/lighted in accordance with FAA Advisory circular 70/7460-1 K Change 2, Obstruction Marking and Lighting, a med-dual system - Chapters 4,8(M-Dual),&12.

Gotta hand it to Cedar Point and their marketing team. They really stretched the "10 world records" claim. Only 4 of which actually pertain to the ride it self and of those only in the Dive Coaster category. Yet everywhere I look on social media people are excited about these "10 world records" being broken! Well played Cedar Point well played indeed.

Lots of activity this morning!

I watched the history of coasters at CP video and I'm curious as to why some coasters got more time and a vocal introduction opposed to others? Anyone know why this is? I feel like they should have gave the same time to the other coasters too because they're all important... except Pipe Scream of course ;)

Also was the full length video of the Valravn reveal uploaded anywhere? Can't seem to find it other than the brief one someone posted earlier.

Maverick of all coasters didn't get a spoken introduction. I'm not going to lose sleep over it though.

2018- Raptor

Yeah I can't understand that one either. But it seems like it had the most footage out of all of them.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

That's true.

2018- Raptor

Magnum raised the bar for coasters everywhere. Tallest, fastest, period.

(cue the flute)

Millennium did the same. It changed the game.

(cue the flute)

Top Thrill Dragster. For better or worse, it shattered height and speed at the time and was one of a kind.

(cue the flute)

But did Gatekeeper earn a flute?

Eh...I don't know. I was a little surprised by that. It's pretty and fun and all, but it certainly didn't make some kind of massive, unforgettable imprint on the coaster universe like the others. Until Gatekeeper, it seemed as the voice-over and flute were for true game-changers.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

If I am not mistaken, the ones that received an introduction were the ones that broke 200 ft.

Wicked Twister is 215'

They did all break the record for speed and height when they opened. But, so did Gemini.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Um, Gatekeeper? I'm pretty sure it's done growing, and it isn't 200 feet.

Which again makes you scratch your head about Gatekeeper. It broke records for it's type, but that's all. Oh well.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I don't scratch my head about GateKeeper. I have fun riding. :)

Kevinj said:

It broke records for it's type, but that's all. Oh well.

So does Valravn though.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service