Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

You actually don't need an app. You can view from a desktop web browser - no sign on required. The broadcast is available up to 24 hours after the live event.

Looks like CP Rundown posted the Periscope to their Facebook page. Tony talks about splashdown and tunnels starting at about 9:10. https://www.facebook.com/cprundown/videos/931610453598727/

It's interesting that he made it sound like Valravn's lighting package is going to be a surprise. I figured it would be like Gatekeeper's but maybe they do have something different lined up. Or perhaps they just haven't planned that far ahead yet.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

I am sure it will be very special with fog and all just like Rougarou. Oh, wait...

When Tony said there's more 2016 stuff coming, it sure made me excited :)

Whoever came up with the name for this and Rougarou should be fired.

Someone should be put out of a job because you don't like the name?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Your name is bribrihate for a reason now isn't it. I remember you causing a big commotion somewhere else too.

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

bribrihate...........more like crycryhate. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Yepper, cause creativity sucks and we do not have enough stuff named Batman...

Should've named it "Batman: The OTHER Ride"...

ROUNDABOUND.

2016 park map has just been released on the CP website! Ripcord remains as is. And the area where STR was is a good chunk of land. The park looks a lot different now.

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

I wish they'd put the more detailed map online like the other CF parks. If I were a new visitor, I wouldn't find this map to be useful since there are no labels on it.

You're right, I would find the park maps they have at the park to be the most useful. ;)

I've definitely noticed a new lack of theming with the new ownership... and I am not here complaining because I love the new ownership but if you look at rides like GK and Valravn, they certainly look pretty plain compared to say Maverick. Just my opinion though.

I know the whole Valravn project isn't completed yet but I do hope there is a bit more than just a coaster on a plot of grass like the designs entail.

Last edited by CPboy77,

From an architectural standpoint, Valravn is shaping up to be my favorite in the park. I love the designs they went with for the station roof and gift/photo building (check out the photos in the link below). From a theme standpoint, there's not a whole lot you could do with Valravn aside from influences based on the lore......or rather the time period and location the lore is from. I think, from what I've seen so far, it's looking just fine. But that's just my opinion since I could care less about tunnels and splash downs. This thing wouldn't be any less of a spectacle with either of those things.

http://www.wkyc.com/features/cedar-point-reveals-how-valravn-got-it...e/74577968

Thanks for the link! I've been dying to see what the souvenir/photo building and station would look like

TTD 120mph said:
You're right, I would find the park maps they have at the park to be the most useful. ;)

Agreed, which is what parks like Carowinds post on their website. I'm somebody who likes to plan my trips out, so I like to know where the rides are before I go.

That stone really looks sharp. Though the ride itself may not have theming, it definitely looks like the surroundings and station is going to be nicely themed.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service