Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

Odd that Cedar Fair is choosing to go B&M repeatedly with Gatekeeper, Rogarou, and Valravn. Considering their huge success with Top Thrill and Millennium, I would have thought Cedar Fair would continue with Intamin, or at least mix it up.

Not that I'm complaining. If Cedar Point can conjure the space for a B&M hyper, life will be fantastic.

Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

Thor said:
Odd that Cedar Fair is choosing to go B&M repeatedly with Gatekeeper, Rogarou, and Valravn. Considering their huge success with Top Thrill and Millennium, I would have thought Cedar Fair would continue with Intamin, or at least mix it up.

Not that I'm complaining. If Cedar Point can conjure the space for a B&M hyper, life will be fantastic.

Not just CP, the entire Cedar Fair company has only installed B&Ms or GCIs in the past 5 years. (GateKeeper, Banshee, Fury, Rougarou, Valravn, Gold Striker)

Thor said:

I would have thought Cedar Fair would continue with Intamin, or at least mix it up.

You must be new here.

Intamin shot the rapids.

The deputy is probably next.

Promoter of fog.

Go Intamin said:

Not just CP, the entire Cedar Fair company has only installed B&Ms or GCIs in the past 5 years.

You are forgetting Mack and Zamperla.

Kevinj said:

Thor said:

I would have thought Cedar Fair would continue with Intamin, or at least mix it up.

You must be new here.

Intamin shot the rapids.

This made me lol. Yeah, I don't see much Intamin going back to CP anytime soon.

Kevinj said:

You must be new here.

Intamin shot the rapids.

You must be new here.

Intamin shot the rapids.

Deputy is next.

Fixed your haiku. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Didn't CP install 5 intamins in a row?

Millennium
Twister
Dragster
Maverick
Rapids

So they can't build 2 and refurbish 1 B&M without being questioned? Let's give them a couple years before passing judgment on manufacturer choices.

I"m not certain I'd count on another Intamin at a Cedar Fair Park anytime within the foreseeable, and beyond.

Let's not forget all the Intimidator 305 work, and rework, and trimming, and eventual re-profile... just to name one headache.

Even Maverick needed its heartline roll replaced before the ride opened, delaying opening by several weeks.

I'm not passing judgment on anything; I'm just noting what seems to be a trend among Cedar Point and Cedar Fair in general.

I was are that Shoot the Rapids was subpar, but I'm unaware of the total fallout of that decision. I never rode the thing.

Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

It certainly seems that way. "Odd that they repeatedly went with B&M" over a short-term period to build 2 and refurbish 1 ride. Yet not a word about the streak given to Intamin in the early 2000s. In fact, you even suggested they go back to Intamin after giving them a significant percentage of business for the previous decade. It's not uncommon for a park or chain to give multiple contacts to one manufacture over a short period. Two data points, and one asterisk, is hardly a trend.

codeGR said:

Go Intamin said:

Not just CP, the entire Cedar Fair company has only installed B&Ms or GCIs in the past 5 years.

You are forgetting Mack and Zamperla.

I don't count Zamperla because Discos are not coasters, and Coast Rider is just a wild mouse, so it's easy to forget.

Go Intamin said:

I don't count Zamperla because Discos are not coasters, and Coast Rider is just a wild mouse, so it's easy to forget.

Friendly correction:

*Disk'o

Yeah, haven't seen a disco since the late 80's. Disk'os on the other hand could well be considered a coaster. They are powered in segments so they do some coasting and are very much like Wicked Twister.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I think the subtle difference is that the motors are on the vehicle itself, not somewhere on the track.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Was Jumbo Jet considered a coaster? If my memory serves me right, it was and yet it was a powered-coaster, similar to Pipe Scream.

New for 2018... RMC Iron Horse!!!

Jumbo Jet used an "electric spiral lift", as does Great America's Whizzer. (Which I want to say is tires on the spiral lift hill moving the train up the track, but don't quote me.) How a coaster gets its trains to the high point on the ride doesn't matter so much as long as gravity does the rest of the job.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Then you have rides like Thunder Run which look more like a coaster but are powered throughout the ride.

Thunder Run - Canada's Wonderland

Jumbo Jet's lift consisted of an electrical contact that powered motors on the train to propel the train up the circular lift. No tire advancers in the track, the trains were self propelled.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

And operated by way of gravity after reaching the top.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service