Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

All valid points guys, thanks! Usually if I'm a single rider that day I will take an outside seat and leave an empty seat between myself and a group of two in my row, or if its a group of three I will just take the outside. If I'm part of a group though someone has to have a middle seat and I tend to just take the middle seat and deal with it. The end seats are not totally different though - you're still right up against the person next to you on one side. GateKeeper isn't like that and I usually have a much more comfortable ride as a result. Regardless, it doesn't keep me from riding Raptor or Rougarou.

-Tyler A-

It looks to me like the seats on Valravn, you'll be in closer proximity to the people next to you than the other rides with vest restraints, cause the secondary bars aren't at as wide of an angle. It looks like more room than the typical OTSR's but not as much as GateKeeper

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

That's probably why we have the 8 seat version instead of the 10 seat version. If that's the case, I'd say it was a fair trade off.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Valravn is also a gatekeeper. the MCBR stands over the new marina gate, according to the renderings in the released photos.

Then Magnum has been a 'gatekeeper' since 1989?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

That is a world record they missed for Valravn, only park with three coasters going over a gate.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Now that makes the beach and resort gate the only gate in the park without a coaster going over it.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Pete said:
That is a world record they missed for Valravn, only park with three coasters going over a gate.

Don't forget about first park to make two orange coasters in two consecutive years.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Valravn is more of a copper color.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I believe the actual color name is "Copper" - it's totally not bright orange at all. It actually looks kind of brown.

Valravn is "Tarnished Copper" to be exact.

But, tarnished copper turns green???

Then in 17 years when Valravn becomes a standup dive machine it will be renamed Mantis and rightfully painted green and the circle will be complete.

~Rob

HeyIsntThatRob? said:

Then in 17 years when Valravn becomes a standup dive machine it will be renamed Mantis and rightfully painted green and the circle will be complete.

~Rob

A stand-up dive machine thats 223 ft sounds like the most terrifying and painful rollercoaster ever.

e x i t english said:

But, tarnished copper turns green???

No, corroded copper turns green.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

If you want to get technical... Tarnish *is* corrosion.

Fair enough. But, If you have a shiney new penny and you handle it, the oils in your skin will tarnish it a darker color. It is unlikely that penny will ever turn green.

The definition of tarnish is actually "dullness of color, loss of brightness."

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

So according to my Dad, who delivered oil to CP today using perimeter road, Valravn now has both "supports AND track" up.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

And of course they changed the webcam to a wonderful view of a vacant hotel breakers :)

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service