Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

Now that's over with...looks like a great ride , sure it will ad to the park nicely. Was looking at the new coaster name Vulcan. 415 ft., 103mph. MF sure gave birth to a style of coasters. Valravn , would have been better if the leak had not happen.

Wait, they're messing with Gatekeeper and the keyholes? What?

Buckeyeshaman said:

Was looking at the new coaster name Vulcan. 415 ft., 103mph.

Um. What? "The" new coaster name Vulcan? Not sure what this even means.

Valravn would have been better if the leak had not happen [sic].

And not sure what this means. How would a coaster that doesn't yet exist be "better" if there were no leak? How would that affect the physical structure of a currently non-existent ride?

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

He's talking about the general announcement and the mood. You didn't get that?

Based on these renderings, I was surprised to see how close Valravn will be to Sky Ride north station and Coasters.

Thought I would bring this article back up:

http://www.sanduskyregister.com/entertainment/attractions/7372776

It begs the question--- what happened to the tunnel? Budget cuts?

I know I sound annoying at this point--- but I just want them to add a damn tunnel. I can see them wanting the first drop to be open so that guests can watch, but the second half of the ride is just over grass. Dropping off of the midcourse brake into darkness would be epic.

"Man, this ride's not unique at all - why can't it have a tunnel and splashdown like the other 9?"

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

It begs the question--- what happened to the tunnel? Budget cuts?

The article also missed on the height, speed, length, and number of inversions.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

You have to remember the article had described just ONE version of what they were considering. B&M and other companies design multiple layouts and they go from there. Bryan Edwarda was quoted I believe saying that was an option they were looking at. So its no surprise the article was partially right but obviously had an older memo.

I think that slapping a tunnel at the bottom would only make the area look tacky. Now sure, there are classy ways of designing a tunnel that wouldn't look tacky but i think the overall presentation is great.

argues just for clicks

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

Dropping off of the midcourse brake into darkness would be epic.

Close your eyes. Or ride at night.

-Tyler A-

Not the same.

Shawn Meyer said:
I agree with Thabto(Brian). If they can paint Rougarou in a month, they can paint Raptor in the same amount of time. I imagine for Raptor though, they'll wait until the park is officially closed for the season.

With Rougarou, they closed the ride near Labor Day. Raptor is too popular to do that, I'd think.

They did not close Mantis after Labor Day. It ran until October 19th that year. They painted it during the week when the park was closed.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I stand corrected.

Yep, they started to paint the ride before shutting it down as Mantis. You would ride Mantis and half the track was the old paint, half new. They only shut it down to start the mechanical work.

Yeah, I'm out of the (dive) loop lately.

codeGR said:
Based on these renderings, I was surprised to see how close Valravn will be to Sky Ride west station and Coasters.

Fixed that for you.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

I think it would be super sweet if they not only repainted Raptor, but also gave it some of the Fury neon lights on the lift.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

This Facebook page is saying that Raptor will get a new lighting package. But they also say that Cedars eyesore isn't being removed until about 2 more years.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service