Cedar Point Announces Valravn - Dive Coaster for 2016 - 10 World Records!

^^^ Rougarou was painted in about a month. I think only big rides like MF and TTD would be multi-year projects.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Doesn't CP usually take 2 years with the bigger rides? Chances are the first hill will be painted and then the rest of the coaster the next season.

They need to paint Dragster while they're at it. That ride hasn't been painted in 12 years!

Pretty sure it'll take a lot longer than 2 years for dragster to be painted

Last edited by CPNostalgia,

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Thabto said:

CoasterGuy15 said:

It also appears that raptor looks repainted. Is this true?

I hope so. That ride really needs a repaint. I think with a new coaster going in right next to it, they would repaint it.

Yep. Any time they build a new ride, they try to clean up the surrounding area as best they can. For instance, for Banshee's debut, they repainted and re-themed Flight Deck into The Bat (v2). I believe they also repainted Xtreme Skyflyer.

I'm not sure where you're saying you see it repainted, though. The renderings are all CG; they're not meant to show wear.

True, but that was a brand "new ride". They're not gonna just paint half of a "new ride."

From what I remember Magnum and even Corkscrew were two year projects when it came to painting.

Last edited by CPboy77,

But if they can paint Rougarou in a month, I don't see why they couldn't do that with Raptor. If you get a good enough crew and weather, it can be done in a reasonable time span.

Brian

I agree with Thabto(Brian). If they can paint Rougarou in a month, they can paint Raptor in the same amount of time. I imagine for Raptor though, they'll wait until the park is officially closed for the season.

Am I the only person who prefers the original b&m otsr's over the vest ones?

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

The crew that repainted Mantis into Rougarou is also a team that specializes in painting roller coasters. They live, breathe, and sweat roller coaster paint jobs. They're experts so they can knock them out really quickly. I presume that the companies that Cedar Point has used in the past were not as skilled, explaining the longer project times.

The bottom line is that they can repaint Raptor in one off-season if they are willing to spend the money to have it done right. I think they will.

Raptor will look great with some new paint, but won't the birds just keep pooping on the supports again? I can imagine by the end of the season it would be back to the original look of Craptor.

Honestly, some of those spikes on the supports wouldn't be bad for Raptor. May be an eye sore tho on a Coaster.

CPNostalgia said:

I hope the station has the cobblestone that's shown in the rendering

Yes, from what I was told. The design of the station is "as-is" in the rendering, it just may (or may not) be missing any themed add-on elements.

Promoter of fog.

From the looks of the rendering it looks as if they are adding another CP sign that they have centered at the front gate also at the marina gate.

CPVet said:

Pete, take one look at Alpengeist to see how a big, nearly 200-foot, high-speed coaster can be themed effectively and relatively inexpensively.

I've been on Alpengeist and I think it makes my point. The cheesy ski lodge theming does absolutely nothing to enhance the ride in my opinion. Alpengeist is a great ride that can stand on its own as a roller coaster without the ski resort theming that really doesn't add much to the enjoyment of the ride.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

CPNostalgia said:

Am I the only person who prefers the original b&m otsr's over the vest ones?

To me it depends on the ride, I liked the new ones on Gatekeeper, but prefer the originals on inverts Banshee

My Top 10- 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 325. 3.Maverick 4. EL Toro 5. Millennium Force 6. Wicked Cyclone 7. Intimidator 305 8. Thunderhead 9.Boulder Dash 10. Diamondback 11. Lightning Rod

Pete said:

Alpengeist is a great ride.

I would even argue that point. I would say good at best. For some reason that ride just didn't do anything for me. Everyone says it's so great though, but I highly preferred Griffon to Alpengeist

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

Has it been said how steep the lift hill is? It looks pretty steep from the renderings, possibly comparable to GK.

It's probably the same as gk/mf

I read 47 degrees on the ride layout page on the website.

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

If we know the height of the lift hill, plus the length of the drop, then some dude getting in for free on the annual physics day should be able to answer angle of the lift hill question. Coasteraculus is not my forte. Anyone???

I'm too sexy for my harness!

Why would anyone need to calculate it when the official website already tells you the angle?

Brian

Not having read the thread , has anyone mentioned the implied (as I see it) stone facade relating to pirate ride across the way or the open view drop element right next to the entry as a nod to Demon drop?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service