Cedar Point 2013

^ +1

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

It will be interesting to see the progression of inversions on this coaster versus what the park has now on its two Beemers.

Part of me would like to see the drop/vertical loop/0-g roll pattern broken up for variety's sake. With that said, the vertical loop on Wild Eagle looks pretty stellar in pictures and video so I certainly wouldn't mind the inclusion of one in the end.

The ride will potentially be an out and back of sorts so I'm anxious to see how they use space at the front of the park for smaller inversions and twisty elements/helices closer to the ground. Earlier rumors suggested a ride built above the midway which I could see paired with an elevated station. Multiple inversions high in the air would certainly tie in with the so-called front-gate statement.

Vertical loops are generally the largest inversion on any coaster. As such, they need the coaster to have as much energy as possible to make it through the loop, which is why they almost always appear immediately after the lift hill.

A vertical loop after a mid course block brake, would have to be shorter than that block, which itself is considerably shorter than the lift hill. This would cause all kinds of engineering problems in order to keep the forces on the riders to a relative minimum.

Goodbye MrScott

John

So, did I miss it, or did everyone just sort of throw there hands up in the air as to the latest "number" clue?

Promoter of fog.

I suppose I should have clarified - I wouldn't mind if a vertical loop was omitted from the design in favor of an enormous dive loop or immelman.

Although at a rumored height of 170+, a large vertical loop is probable after the initial drop.

Kevinj said:
So, did I miss it, or did everyone just sort of throw there hands up in the air as to the latest "number" clue?

Nope...I can't figure it out.

I never said I knew anything about anything...

kylepark said:
Of course Dick knows about it. This new attraction has been planned for a few years now.

...but there's a twist to that story, if I'm to believe what I've heard.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Ralph Wiggum said:

He's still on the Cedar Fair board of directors, he's just not chairman of the board anymore.

I stand corrected.

Jeff said:

And the plot thickens... haha

I assume the coaster was, in fact, approved by DK. But I also assume that the "front gate statement" is Ouimet's doing.

Although, if the board had yet to approve of it prior to the memo being leaked, all of it could have been substantially redone by MO--otherwise why wouldn't the board have voted on it a year or more ago?

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Jeff said:
I never said I knew anything about anything...

A "twist". Nice Jeff, really nice.

Last edited by the ffej man,

Kevinj said:

We pretty much passed it up becasue no one was able to really figure out what it meant..

And Jeff brings up the twist to the story again. :)

You had also mentioned someone on here knows...(aside from you)...

Is it going against the circle of trust policy to divulge a little info about the twist?

And why am I so intrigued?

Promoter of fog.

"And Jeff brings up the twist"

4D coasters twist...

Just sayin' (;

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

More than anything i hope the ride time is long! Fast coasters are great, so is height, but track length and ride time is where its at.

I want a thrilling EXPERIENCE, not just a wild quickie

If im waiting in line for 2 hours, i better be getting a 3 minute ride at least.

Looking at the presumed area this coaster is gonna fit the bill

NextGen89 said:
I want a thrilling EXPERIENCE, not just a wild quickie

I'm trying my best not to make a comment about this.

I bet you just loved Top Thrill when it opened huh? haha

I think it'll be a decent sized coaster, especially compared to the other Wings out there. It has to travel over to the entrance and back.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

I've got it! They're bringing back Pepsi Twist. The first inversion will be named and sponsored like the Nestea Plunge was.

Jesus, you guys read into everything. I used "twist" to mean what it conventionally means, not play games.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

So by "Jesus", do you mean the ride will go over the water?

Stop holding info from us. :)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Not only go over water, but turn it into wine.

Let's Get Weird.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service