Cedar Point 2013

CedarPointTaylor said:
Why would we have an other coaster themed after a Dragon, we already have Iron Dragon.

Really? Is this question necessary?

Look at Behemoth and Leviathan. Both are "Monster Dragons". One is a "Sea Monster" and the other is a "Land Monster". Why have another "Monster/Dragon" themed ride there?

It doesn't matter if it's a dragon or not here. There was also an "Air Monster" that went along with Leviathan and Behemoth named Ziz. Could that be a possible name here? I figure it'd work better at Canada's Wonderland so the three can chill together.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

Ziz might sound funny but it would fit very nicely actually. And since it's the air monster, it works with the wing/flying/open air/etc design of the wing coaster.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

In demonology Leviathan is the "Gatekeeper" of Hell and repreSents the element of water.

(Last post got deleted, having issues posting from my phone)

^^ Read all about it...it's a "Griffin Like Bird Monster"-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziz

^Correct, it's even referenced in the Bible. Leviathan is one of the seven princes of hell and its hellmouth gatekeeper. I studied all this once and I totally never really made the connection to here.

Yea.....I'm sold on that name. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

CedarPointTaylor said:

Why would we have an other coaster themed after a Dragon, we already have Iron Dragon.

Unfortunately I can kind of see this happening (hopefully not though). We already have a green tracked coaster in Raptor, at least change the color of the track. I was kind of stoked on the idea of a white track/orange support ride or even tan track/black supports...but please not green again.
I will bet $ that if this coaster IS themed anything to do with a dragon you can count down the days until Iron Dragon hits the chopping block.
You know this park doesn't tolerate similar rides (see Space Spiral demise after Windseeker installation). It would make sense with the order of demise thats going on with the 1980's rides lately. First WWL(1982), Demon Drop (1983), then Avalanche Run/Disaster Transport (1985), Iron Dragon (1987) would be next on the list.....something to think about. I can see the Cedar Dorms being taken down also after Wildcat's demise to expand the park. They've outlived their outdated usefulness.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

^I'd take that bet.

In a recent documentary, BGW admitted they didn't have to tear down Big Bad Wolf, they just decided to with the new technology available to build a ride like Verbolten. Iron Dragon can be around for awhile if needed.

So theming another ride to a dragon immediately means that the older one will have to leave? Iron Dragon wouldn't even be related to Leviathan (or even Ziz, which is a bird). However, if Ziz is built then Raptor's day must be numbered. Or is it already in jeopardy due to Skyhawk being in the park? :p

As for the 80s, trust me, that's just a coincidence. Especially since that means Magnum would follow Iron Dragon if it was truly legit. Also, Thunder Canyon would have to go before ID as well as Sir Rub-A-Dub's Tubs.

On the same note we can ask:

Why did they build mean streak after having blue streak?

Or why build Skyhawk after building Maxair?

Or why build maverick and ttd? Or millennium force and corkscrew?

It doesn't matter if you have rides sharing similar themes, names, colors, etc.

But would Chick-fil-A support a dragon-themed coaster? Doesn't that support Satan?

That's what we should really be asking. :)

Promoter of fog.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

JAMedic said:
In demonology Leviathan is the "Gatekeeper" of Hell and repreSents the element of water.

(Last post got deleted, having issues posting from my phone)

So we can name a roller coaster after the gatekeeper of Hell, but Banshee is too obscene.

Let's Get Weird.

^It was never stated that Banshee was too obscene. It was the context of the words. The park believed that people wouldn't want to ride a coaster named after something that foretells a death. They felt that it would make riders "uncomfortable" hence the name changed to Mantis.

As for Leviathan, there already is one in the chain haha.

So does anyone think that the reason why we haven't had a new copyright yet may be that they might re-use Leviathan?

That's what I'm beginning to suspect. And while I'd prefer a unique, CP-centric name for the new ride, it doesn't surprise me that they'd use Leviathan.

Brandon

The colors of Leviathan I am for, the name I disagree with.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Eh, they could name it Wing Coaster 6, for all I care, so long as it's a fun ride. :)

Brandon

JW Addington said:
The colors of Leviathan I am for, the name I disagree with.

I agree, I think the nice bright color would look nice at the front of the park.

Based on the image by Disaster Transport, I think we can safely assume that shade of blue will be part of the color scheme, which I like quite a bit.

I'm putting way too much thought into this but I need a distraction.

The symbol looks like wings, yes, but it made me think of something mechanical. Perhaps a mechanized flying creature of some sort...that's a lovely shade of blue.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

So maybe bright blue supports, white track, orange rails... blue train orange train, white train

I thought Leviathan was a sea creature. There's a fragment I recall from one of the psalms, enumerating God's creatures: "and then there was that leviathan."

Now I have to go look through 150 psalms...

No, Leviathan was one of the greatest underwater thrillers of 1989.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service