Cedar Point 2013

Blimst said:
Pegasus sounds like a children's ride, not a big coaster IMO. And I don't think we will be seeing Cedar Point recycle a name for a large coaster. It's just something they don't do and hopefully won't.

mt olympus water park, that would fit one of their rides.

I'd be fine with Lotan......even if it is just another name for Leviathan. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Maverick00 said:
I just don't see Cedar Point using the Leviathan name. That's not like Cedar Point to use a name of another coaster at their park. Most coasters at Cedar Point have a unique name that's not found elsewhere in the chain or all of the United States.

We went over this numerous pages ago, they could if they wanted to. It's a business move and they could care less what any enthusiasts think "OMGZ Cedar Point is getting a Leviathan too. Which one is taller?"

Vette said:
Who do you think this is, Six Flags? We don't reuse names here.

You're on the board of directors? Congratulations. See above please

As for the name Lotan...not bad, and it is another name for Leviathan in Hebrew and Ugaritic. Didn't really think about putting the two together. So it's a dragon (fits rumor) and another name for Leviathan (which makes it the Gatekeeper). 7 heads, 7 inversions. Hmm

^Actually, from past precedent set by Cedar Point, they don't reuse names. Aside from Corkscrew, and Raptor which was the first with the name, all coaster names are unique to CP.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Blue Streak

Woodstock Express

And it's gone now. But, Wildcat.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I forgot about Woodstock Express. But wasn't Blue Streak named for the mascot at Sandusky's high school? I would still argue, at least at the time of opening, it was a unique name for CP.

Joe

I like the name Blue Streak. It's a fun easter egg for locals (being Sandusky High Schools mascot) and it fits the coaster (being that it streaks out and back, and of course it's blue!)

Woodstock Express was the only Woodstock Express when it opened. They probly weren't planning on acquiring the Paramount Parks in 1999. Also Blue Streak was named after the high schools but that was almost 50 years ago. Point is, Cedar Point doesn't reuse names for their coasters, even their new rides don't reuse names besides WindSeeker and Power Tower.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I like the name Ziz, someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

I dig Lotan, but I keep wanting to append "the Carpathian" to if for some reason.

Brandon

Maverick00 said:
Woodstock Express was the only Woodstock Express when it opened. They probly weren't planning on acquiring the Paramount Parks in 1999. Also Blue Streak was named after the high schools but that was almost 50 years ago. Point is, Cedar Point doesn't reuse names for their coasters, even their new rides don't reuse names besides WindSeeker and Power Tower.

Once again, THINGS CHANGE!

They are a business and they can do what they want. Maybe this is a way to connect the parks more? Who Knows, it probably won't be Leviathan but if they wanted to name it that, they'd have every right too. The company is in a new era now, and maybe this era has no problem doing that. The concept is quite simple, I don't know why you continue to argue it. Maybe Screamscape should say it and finally you'll put it to rest.

Seeing it on Screamscape would hardly put it to rest.

^If you'd read some of Maverick00's last posts, you'll understand why I said that. Maverick00, I'm not attacking you or anything, but I'm just trying to let you see how it's entirely plausible. Just because they haven't done it in a very long time doesn't mean there is a requirement that they don't have to name it a name already used.

Anyway...seems like Lotan is in the lead for the name now. That's until tonight when talk about another one comes up.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

I guess I always hope is that when things do change, they change for the better. Its my opinion that if they start recycling names now, it wouldn't be a good change. I'm not saying it's impossible they'll start reusing names, just highly improbable. And just plain lazy.

Joe

Aren't there 2 Intimidators at 2 Cedar Fair (previously Paramount) parks?

And back lot stunt coasters

Lazy? What if it just makes sense to use the same name? As in the ride has the same theme and story line. Is it lazy of Disney to have more than one Space Mountain? I don't see a problem in using the same name if it can be done because the ride shares the same theme as well. What I don't like is when two entirely different rides with different themes share the same name.; i.e 'Dare Devil Dive'.

CoasterKid20 said:
Anyway...seems like Lotan is in the lead for the name now. That's until tonight when talk about another one comes up.

You do know that they already know the name right? It's all of us who don't, so really no name is in the lead because it's already decided.

I think he means as far as rumors go. Someone came up with the idea that Lotan might be used because of its meaning, so that was posted on Screamscape and people ran with it.

I don't care what the name is, as long as it makes that signature B&M roar and is louder than Mantis, I'm okay with it :)

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service