Cedar Point 2013

^+1

^^Leviathan was and he resembled a dragon. As stated above, in demonology, he's the gatekeeper of hell. It is a word that has just become synonymous with large water creatures now. Translated in modern Hebrew, Leviathan means "whale".

I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier but I went to google images just now and googled "Cedar Point 2013" and It looks like pictures are surfacing of green B&M track which is allegedly being used for Cedar Points new coaster.

Here's one of the links with the green track...

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27200

CoasterKid20 said:

CedarPointTaylor said:
Why would we have an other coaster themed after a Dragon, we already have Iron Dragon.

Really? Is this question necessary?

Look at Behemoth and Leviathan. Both are "Monster Dragons". One is a "Sea Monster" and the other is a "Land Monster". Why have another "Monster/Dragon" themed ride there?

It doesn't matter if it's a dragon or not here. There was also an "Air Monster" that went along with Leviathan and Behemoth named Ziz. Could that be a possible name here? I figure it'd work better at Canada's Wonderland so the three can chill together.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

ThunderbirdsMT said:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier but I went to google images just now and googled "Cedar Point 2013" and It looks like pictures are surfacing of green B&M track which is allegedly being used for Cedar Points new coaster.

Well, if it's on the internets it must be true.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Psalm 104 vv 25-26:

Yonder is the sea, great and wide, creeping things innumerable are there, living things both small and great.

There go the ships, and Leviathan that you formed to sport in it.

Here's more dragon stuff from Psalm 74 vv 13-14:

You divided the sea by your might; you broke the heads of the dragons in the water.

You crushed the heads of Leviathan; you gave him as food for the creatures of the wilderness.

(New Oxford Annotated Bible)

Yes we do need an off-topic forum. :)

ThunderbirdsMT said:
Here's one of the links with the green track...

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27200

It has the wrong job number listed on it.

ThunderbirdsMT said:

I put in the same google search, and found this:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nZ6hnKSOBG4/T8aFqZSnQtI/AAAAAAAARiE/Bx1v2vnCzts/s1600/CedarPoint2013Map.jpg

but as you can see, demon drop is still in this picture, so either this person used an old aerial view, or this area's been planned to be used for that many years.

^It's a view using Bing Maps it appears. Using that, Demon Drop is still there. This is the general area that we already know the coaster will be going in. He also has Disaster Transport and Space Spiral in the red, which obviously means that he knew they were being taken out. This could've come after the leak.

CPfan1976 said:

CedarPointTaylor said:

Why would we have an other coaster themed after a Dragon, we already have Iron Dragon.

Unfortunately I can kind of see this happening (hopefully not though). We already have a green tracked coaster in Raptor, at least change the color of the track. I was kind of stoked on the idea of a white track/orange support ride or even tan track/black supports...but please not green again.
I will bet $ that if this coaster IS themed anything to do with a dragon you can count down the days until Iron Dragon hits the chopping block.
You know this park doesn't tolerate similar rides (see Space Spiral demise after Windseeker installation). It would make sense with the order of demise thats going on with the 1980's rides lately. First WWL(1982), Demon Drop (1983), then Avalanche Run/Disaster Transport (1985), Iron Dragon (1987) would be next on the list.....something to think about. I can see the Cedar Dorms being taken down also after Wildcat's demise to expand the park. They've outlived their outdated usefulness.

I hope they won't demolish Iron dragon. So many kids love that coaster. If that gets taken out then we will have no coasters with a 46' height requirement.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

CoasterKid20 said:
^It's a view using Bing Maps it appears. Using that, Demon Drop is still there. This is the general area that we already know the coaster will be going in. He also has Disaster Transport and Space Spiral in the red, which obviously means that he knew they were being taken out. This could've come after the leak.

Here is where the picture came from.
http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2012/05/cedar-points-2013-coaster...posed.html

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Does anyone else think the logo of the teaser poster on DT looks like the spikes on the Leviathan logo?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/thumb/2/21/Leviathan_logo_...24x768.jpg

http://www.screamscape.com/html/cedar_point.htm

Let's Get Weird.

No, not really. I think the poster looks more like an actual wing than spikes.

-Mike

Not even close to the spikes

Stephen P.
2008: Raptor
2009: Front Desk Clerk; Breakers Express
2010: Assistant Front Office Manager Breakers Express

I just don't see Cedar Point using the Leviathan name. That's not like Cedar Point to use a name of another coaster at their park. Most coasters at Cedar Point have a unique name that's not found elsewhere in the chain or all of the United States.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Who do you think this is, Six Flags? We don't reuse names here.

Vette said:
Who do you think this is, Six Flags? We don't reuse names here.

Except for Windseeker. But I think that was a big corporate move. Add a nice "iconic" ride to all the major parks, which I think was a great move. It really adds to the atmosphere of all the parks.

But when it comes to coasters, NO. ESPECIALLY CP's coasters. We all know they are 1st when it comes to this. So a reused name is NOT going to happen.

This seems more plausible IMO.
http://coasterfusion.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?13505.50

I can possibly see it being "Pegasus." It think it would fit with the wing model. Pegasus' can fly... Wing coasters feel like you're flying!

Pegasus sounds like a children's ride, not a big coaster IMO. And I don't think we will be seeing Cedar Point recycle a name for a large coaster. It's just something they don't do and hopefully won't.

I don't know I still like the Gatekeeper name, but that's just me. Also I hope that Green track that was posted earlier is for us. Green is my favorite color! By the way no one has teased anyone lately with this.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service