Cedar Point 2013

TTD Man said:
I was at the park this afternoon, and did get to say goodbye to DT today.

I said my goodbye on Wednesday also. It was kind of sad to 1 of 2 46" beginner coasters go by the wayside. I took and indoor picture of DT that turned out very strange with the camera flash on.
It's funny when we got out of the exit, some out-of-state visitor asked what is that big building (meaning DT) behind you? Was there a roller coaster inside, was it dark and worth going on? I was kind of stunned. I told him to go over and look at the sign on the fence because if he didn't ride it now he would never be able to again after today. He looked very confused, it was kind of funny. Needless to say he looked at the DT timeline sign with the 2013 logo (see page 99 bottom link),read it, and then promptly got in line.

Maverick00 said:
I like the Roar, but not over the entrance. I think it would be annoying if your working at the booths and that goes over.

For some reason, I've always hated the look of the 2 step entrance (ticket booth, scanning ticket line) but know that the outside entrance plaza is needed to contain the massive lines early in the AM for non season ticket holders. It's also nice to bypass the main ticket booth lines when you have a season pass/ online tickets, hence I guess the reason for this.
Just a thought: Is it possible that the main gate/ ticket booths might be totally moved inward toward the scanning lanes or redesigned and moved to the right to allow for this? How about combining the two into one entrance? A few lanes on one side for same day ticket purchase and a few lanes on the other side for season ticket holders? It might "look" better.

You would hope they would have thought of the noise issue with the ticket booths (mostly screaming people) if the track is to hang close to the ground. Where are the supports going? This is partly the reason for my original theory that the track will be very high up by the main gate (150-170ft with the riders still "flying overhead") and possibly turnaround in this area.
I've been wondering about track color/support column color, layout,etc. I'm really curious now after seeing black/blue logo...(another false clue?) so I personally can't wait to see the overall layout and design to answer some of this stuff. Should be interesting.

Last edited by CPfan1976,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

If they name it Leviathan, all that I ask is that they bring the same fountain down to CP. That thing is a work of art.

Let's Get Weird.

I would expect many of the ticket booths to be replaced with self serve kiosks like what you find at the movie theaters. Many other parks have already adopted that practice. Obviously they can't get rid of all the ticket booths, but I doubt there will be more than a handful left if they redesign the front gate area.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Hopefully they do install the kiosks and get rid of most of the ticket booths. I have always thought that giant line of booths was ugly and needed to go.

Look at what I found on my news feed.
I feel like this could be complete bullcrap, or a jackpot of information. I'm still in shock..

Okay, I am going to go have a heart attack now. LOL

Last edited by MavGuy6,

^ that's pretty awesome, but before I have a hear attack I want to know whose career she would be ruining and how. ^_^

Presumably, by showing that "concept art" publicly, whoever shared it with her will get in trouble. Of course, that is if we're to believe what's there is actually the concept art for the 2013 attraction.

Brandon

I'm gonna go with hoax on this one.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Boo...I'm at work and my phone will only bring up the mobile Facebook site. Now I'm curious as to what that link is.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I believe it to be hoax as well when I bring up profile it seems like someone could just be messing with, well, people like us. I don't mind it at all, however on the art, the words at the bottom, does anyone know what those are? Is that like the 7 heads of it, or is this not the 7 headed one? Confused by all those words...

-Benn

For those on mobile

http://i.imgur.com/SV9zb.jpg

If this is real, I don't mind. I think the theme looks sweet, but does anyone know what the little words to the left of the head say? I can't see them on my phone.. :(

I believe it says "seven heads are better than one".

Thanks JAMedic, it looks cool. Maybe some leftovers from Leviathon's brainstorming.

It says "(cant make out first word, presumably seven) heads are better than one."

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

djDaemon said:
While I'm also a fan of the "B&M roar" (love standing beneath Raptor's loop),

Looks like a safety violation as there is no walkway under the loop.;)

I like that logo too, the name's also neat (and unique).

Speaking of "leaked" stuff, some guy posted this on CP's picture folder about a week ago. It was on there for about a day, and then the next day it was gone. When I looked at it the first time, I saved a copy of it for myself.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m112/Titandwedebil/FB_Picture.gif

There's the link for it.

While the one I found is a lot more detailed, I think with the whole dragon theming (and Canada's wonderland) plus the fact that it looks more like CP's style of things, I would say that one has a higher probability of being legit.

I definitely think it could possibly be real. The only thing that throws me off is that in the bottom right corner, its not like the official CP/Cedar Fair logo. Don't they put their actual logo on most of their stuff?

That second one looks awesome, just a little off with the astronaut thing

I definitely think it could possibly be real. The only thing that throws me off is that in the bottom right corner, its not like the official CP/Cedar Fair logo. Don't they put their actual logo on most of their stuff?

If the other leaked graphic is real, then no, as a cursive CP logo can be seen on the bottom right.

I mean, it actually is their real logo on the one I found, just re-colored, so I'm not sure.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service