Cedar Point 2013

Shawn Meyer said:

djcarl said:
NEW LEAKED PROMO SHOT!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/asvFf.jpg

This isn't real is it?

Shawn, please tell me your not serious...

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Shawn, I've known you for a while and even this surprises me. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Showed it to my friend whos a recent graphic design grad... he said it was well done, but is probably not a final rendering

It took me all of 10 seconds to find the same Pheonix picture using google.

It looks like a cheap airbrush I can find at a local summer fair.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I think he was referring to the Lotan picture, not the Phoenix one

Matt Alder said:
Well I have to say as a professor in graphic arts, I don't see your point.

We don't tolerate multiple accounts or invented alter egos.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

What in the world is remotely special about the Lotan picture?

A very, very rough draft perhaps. Very.

That doesn't even qualify as concept art. It's a frickin' doodle.

That said, I could dig that as a name and theme.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

No I'm not serious. I guess the word leaked confused me. Sometimes I'm gullible. I don't know what I was thinking earlier. Please guys, don't think I'm retarded.

djcarl said:
NEW LEAKED PROMO SHOT!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/asvFf.jpg

My first thought was a Famous Dave's themed rollercoaster! :) So it should be aptly named WILD WILBUR, or WILBUR'S REVENGE like their hot sauce!

Ensign Smith said:
It looks like something Napoleon Dynamite would've drawn. All it needs is a liger.

Ha! That's a perfect description of the quality. :)

Brandon

I think that this picture is really what we should be looking at for ideas:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/bluewinghint.jpg/

To me it seems like some sort of space bird/logo and the phrase "wing commander" keeps popping in my head when i see it . After seeing the "phoenix flight" concept (obviously not real) it brought me back to this image. I think a space theme/flight might be the way they are going to go with this.

I do agree that cedar point likes the "spacey" theme... i always thought that cedar point was a two themed park, frontier/western and space.

Magnum xl-200, millenium force, disaster transport, space spiral, and even gemini come off as spacey.

Maverick, skyhawk, snake river falls, mine ride, thuder canyon, shoot the rapids and everthing else in frontier town has that theme

So a space bird would be believeable

^^ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Ride?

Last edited by Kel,

I do agree that cedar point likes the "spacey" theme... i always thought that cedar point was a two themed park, frontier/western and space.

Magnum xl-200, millenium force, disaster transport, space spiral, and even gemini come off as spacey.

Maverick, skyhawk, snake river falls, mine ride, thuder canyon, shoot the rapids and everthing else in frontier town has that theme

Anything space themed would be great with me, especially if they really adhere to the theme int he queue area and maybe even in some indoor parts of the coaster. *crosses fingers*

i dont think they can really make a space theme without having an enclosed queue. I don't think they would want one of those considering they want to open up a better view of the beach.

Titandwedebil said:

Anything space themed would be great with me, especially if they really adhere to the theme int he queue area and maybe even in some indoor parts of the coaster. *crosses fingers*

I agree. I think that a space theme would be cool, especially if Cedar Point can pull it off well.

Favorite CP Roller Coasters:
1- Millennium Force
2- Top Thrill Dragster
3- Magnum XL-200
4- Gemini
5- Mean Streak

The way Xflight is set up... A part of the queue is under the station to split the lines. There is also a separate building as the storage/maintenance. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that they could theme a queue using the same building space as other wing riders.

As weird as this might sound, I'm curious to find out what vicinity the queue for this new coaster is going to be placed.

I think it's going to be behind the games booth (which I think they'll remove); that way it's not blocking the beach view.

TwistedWicker77 said:
I'm curious to find out what vicinity the queue for this new coaster is going to be placed.

My personal opinion for a while now has been that the sole reason Space Sprial is being taken out is for the new queue that will aim toward the current preferred parking area. I also think we'll be losing the taffy and fudge stands back there also (by the bathrooms). There's some up front by the main gate carousel anyhow. BTW, an announcement could happen around Monday 8/13.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service