Cedar Point 2013

The announcement.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

GoBucks89 said:

The lake has a cooling effect in the spring. It has a warming effect in the fall (particularly in the evening).

Apparently you can't been there on a Halloweekends night...

The average temps of Lake Erie in October are higher than the average nighttime temps in Sandusky. Any cool/cold breezes on Halloweekend nights are not due to a cold lake.

So we need to move the entire park into Lake Erie as opposed to on the land next to it?

How well would the rides run under water? And how would guests breath under water? Isn't it just easier to wear a sweatshirt or jacket?

LOL. The last time I went I had to wear two coats, and I was still cold.

Anyone at the park to day. just wanted to know if there is anything going on with the building now

They've already started pre-demolition work. Temporary wooden walls are up around the whole building and a lot has already been removed.

Last edited by cpfreak612,

I was thinking back about the "alt wing" idea. I havent been on a wing-coaster, but would it be possible to have some of the rows facing backward?

I really don't think it's going to be anything but a normal B&M Wing Coaster.
Packaging pretty much confirms this. China, who confirmed their wing coaster, received boxes labeled Wi-E, E being the fifth wing coaster produced, while Cedar Point received boxes labeled Wi-F, meaning it is the sixth. Also B&M isn't exactly known for gambling on new Ideas.

Last edited by MK Hammer,

^You mean B&M Wing Coaster

Also, I saw an article that said they'll start the actually dismantling on August 6. Here's the article,

http://www.wkyc.com/entertainment/article/254308/110/Cedar-Point-Fa...-Transport

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Thanks

Maverick00 said:
^You mean B&M Wing Coaster

Also, I saw an article that said they'll start the actually dismantling on August 6. Here's the article,

http://www.wkyc.com/entertainment/article/254308/110/Cedar-Point-Fa...-Transport

Good article, thanks, answers a few more questions.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Based on what that article said, I hope they add a family coaster with a 46" height requirement to fill the DT void along with our wing rider. That would be great! a junior woodie like the one at SFGA would be even better!

^He was referring to a post on the previous page.

I don't mean to be the first one on here to make everybody speculate, but is he implying there will be an additional coaster for next year, or another one for 2014?

Edit: I'm late. I tend to open up all threads in different tabs and I think I had this one open too long before refreshing it.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

It is interesting that he brought up the coaster count.

Maybe a smaller family friendly 46"er?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

TwistedWicker77 said:
I don't mean to be the first one on here to make everybody speculate, but is he implying there will be an additional coaster for next year, or another one for 2014?

Edit: I'm late. I tend to open up all threads in different tabs and I think I had this one open too long before refreshing it.

he said he'd *like to see* an additionl family coaster, which I also agree with. planet snoopy is in need of a family coaster, probably behind the old ballroom.

Cedar King said:

TwistedWicker77 said:

he said he'd *like to see* an additionl family coaster, which I also agree with. planet snoopy is in need of a family coaster, probably behind the old ballroom.

I'm pretty sure Annie Zelm is a woman, and I didn't see in the article where it said *she* would like to see a family coaster. Or is this referencing something else.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Say it with me, surfrider.

No Zacspins though please, I hear they hurt your tender areas pretty badly.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service