Cedar Point 2013

I am just hoping the lift hill and drop faces the beach or the park instead of out to the parking lot.

Jason Hammond said:
Having one ice cold line to stand in during April and October is enough for me (Wicked Twister)

I would assume the lines aren't very long in April. ;)

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

It depends how many sea gulls wanna ride :)

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Just a guess, I don't think the new Wing Coaster will top 200 feet, I'm thinking 180, 185 tops, not that I would complain, just don't think.

-Benn

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

99er, anything else you would like to "guess" about? ;)

Let's Get Weird.

DSRPUNK said:
Just a guess, I don't think the new Wing Coaster will top 200 feet, I'm thinking 180, 185 tops, not that I would complain, just don't think.

Keep in mind that the drop height is the key measurement here. The lift hill height may need to be taller in order to provide a particular drop height over an obstacle of some sort. An example of such an obstacle might be, say, a parking lot or something similar.

Brandon

thepoint4life23 said:
It Hurts but the ride its self is amazing

That's what she said.

Had to be done.

I think it should have a 200' drop straight into an 180' Norwegian loop... B&M hasn't designed this element yet on a coaster and it would be amazing on a wing rider!!!

A beyond verticle drop will be AMAZING with those seats.

SSL488 said:
Anyone know if they will start dismantling the outer shell of Disaster Transport by this Thursday? I know they said they are starting on the inside today. I'm going to the park Thursday and I think it would be really cool to see them taking it down.

On page 106 Maverick00 posted a great link (wkyc) detailing all the demolition plans for DT starting Monday August 6th. It involves a "big pair of shears" cutting through the DT shell. **Someone get pics if you're there!! Here's the link again, the info is toward the bottom about the 3 1/2 million pounds of steel and 8 million pounds of concrete needed to be removed. A Toledo newspaper reported the big announcement would be the following monday the 13th. Subject to change? We'll see.

http://www.wkyc.com/entertainment/article/254308/110/Cedar-Point-Fa...-Transport

Last edited by CPfan1976,

djDaemon said:

DSRPUNK said:

Keep in mind that the drop height is the key measurement here. The lift hill height may need to be taller in order to provide a particular drop height over an obstacle of some sort. An example of such an obstacle might be, say, a parking lot or something similar.

Yeah I know, I'm just thinking a drop somewhere around that 170 175 number, and I'm thinking the drop will go pretty close to the ground, and where it drops I think it will be in an are kind of how Leviathan did. So I think it will be close to the ground. Just my guess, I wouldn't complain one bit if it is over 200 though.

-Benn

Yeah I know, I'm just thinking a drop somewhere around that 170 175 number, and I'm thinking the drop will go pretty close to the ground, and where it drops I think it will be in an are kind of how Leviathan did. So I think it will be close to the ground. Just my guess, I wouldn't complain one bit if it is over 200 though.

The Sandusky Register says that design plans show a 170 foot lift hill. I really hope its at least 200 feet though. That would add to their collection of 200 foot tall coasters.

Last edited by ThunderbirdsMT,

vwhoward said:
I would assume they lines aren't very long in April. ;)

Whoops! :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

clevelander said:
A beyond verticle drop will be AMAZING with those seats.

More amazing than maverick with a clear veiw of extra rafts?

Yes,yes it will be with LAKE ERIE and THE BEACH!!!

Last edited by rollerdog11,

Leave the hypercoaster alone

CPfan1976 said:

On page 106 Maverick00 posted a great link (wkyc) detailing all the demolition plans for DT starting Monday August 6th. It involves a "big pair of shears" cutting through the DT shell. **Someone get pics if you're there!! Here's the link again, the info is toward the bottom about the 3 1/2 million pounds of steel and 8 million pounds of concrete needed to be removed. A Toledo newspaper reported the big announcement would be the following monday the 13th. Subject to change? We'll see.

Hopefully he is reading this because I"m confused of what a big pair of shears looks like. I'm thinking it might be something they used in the James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough".

They look something like this.
http://www.komatsu.com/ce/products/sa/job/hydraulic/mps/images/Mobi...hadow1.jpg

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Rhonda Shear has a big pair.

Boy, that dates me.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Does anyone think it could be a totally new concept? I mean CP is known for introducing new types of rides and 2013 seems like a good time for something new if you know what I mean...

Ensign Smith said:
Rhonda Shear has a big pair.

Boy, that dates me.

Is that a "USA - Up All Night" reference? I'm impressed.

Why? Because after 15 months, the Wing Rider that only has a few installations in the entire world is too dated?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service