Cedar Point 2013

thepoint4life23 said:
I Know that it sounds like we are not getting anything but a b&m. I know that everyone was hating on Intamin, but i road skyrush last week and i would be happy with a ride like that. Skyrush, is a truly amazing ride. that does not take up much speace

I hope your kidding, I heard Skyrush's restraints are the worse in the industry, even worse than Maverick. That wouldn't happen though cause we already have a Hyper Coaster.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

It Hurts but the ride its self is amazing

Anyone know if they will start dismantling the outer shell of Disaster Transport by this Thursday? I know they said they are starting on the inside today. I'm going to the park Thursday and I think it would be really cool to see them taking it down.

vwhoward said:

Cedar King said:

TwistedWicker77 said:
I don't mean to be the first one on here to make everybody speculate, but is he implying there will be an additional coaster for next year, or another one for 2014?

Edit: I'm late. I tend to open up all threads in different tabs and I think I had this one open too long before refreshing it.

he said he'd *like to see* an additionl family coaster, which I also agree with. planet snoopy is in need of a family coaster, probably behind the old ballroom.

I'm pretty sure Annie Zelm is a woman, and I didn't see in the article where it said *she* would like to see a family coaster. Or is this referencing something else.

Thank you vhoward. I've been pretty late on posting here lately :) I still think Cedar Point needs a kid coaster like Kings Island's Flying Ace Aerial Chase (previously Runaway Reptar).

Ok, I want to officially put my stats in for the new coaster. Sandusky Register article aside, I am guessing 212' lift, 197' drop at 79mph. :)

^ I like your thinking!

110 Degree first drop. Would be EPIC

Sounds good to me, 99er. And to address the restraint comfort recently discussed about Skyrush, B&M WingRiders can be uncomfortable as well. On X-Flight they start off great but as the ride goes on, they get tighter and tighter. And with this coaster supposedly offering a longer ride, that could equate to extremely tight restraints by the final brake run.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

SSL488 said:
Anyone know if they will start dismantling the outer shell of Disaster Transport by this Thursday? I know they said they are starting on the inside today. I'm going to the park Thursday and I think it would be really cool to see them taking it down.

I'm going Friday and I doubt that they will start the outside. I assume that its gonna take a while to tear down, they have a lot of stuff to clear out of the inside.

As for restraints, Maverick's always tighten up, I hate it.

Last edited by Vette,

99er said:
Ok, I want to officially put my stats in for the new coaster. Sandusky Register article aside, I am guessing 212' lift, 197' drop at 79mph. :)

That sounds like a very educated guess. :)

Brandon

djDaemon said:

99er said:

If this would be the case, I think it would at least be a 200' drop...

I hoping they add 3 feet just to make it 200 feet :). That's something Cedar Point would do too.

Dose anyone else think we may see a complete redesign of the games area all the way down to Johnny Rockets. There is a warehouse back there that holds prizes and merch. for the shops. It is a really unattractive looking area that is hidden from public view rebuilding that area and moving that warehouse wouldn't be that expensive. Moving the warehouse would make it less convenient but didn't Ouimet say he wanted to move more things like housing and P&D off site. They did just buy land right across from the causeway entrance.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

KevinL332 said:
It is a really unattractive looking area that is hidden from public view.

What would be the point if it is out of public view?

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:
If this would be the case, I think it would at least be a 200' drop...

Unless there was something at the bottom of the first drop that needed that extra 3 feet for clearance. :)

Last edited by 99er,

^it will no longer be with the new coaster going back there.

sorry should have made it more clear what I meant.

Last edited by KevinL332,

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

I could see the games being moved. It's a little hard to picture but I could see the games on the left side of Johnny Rockets be moved to directly behind the games on the right of Johnny Rockets. That could create some landscaping and a huge entrance plaza for the coaster.

djDaemon said:

99er said:

Is that based off of something or just completely random?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

^Time will tell ;)

KevinL332 said:
^it will no longer be with the new coaster going back there.

Unless they build some new midway that goes from DT exit area and runs towards the parking lot, that area wont be viewable unless on the ride. And in that case, the park has never made it a point to hide backstage areas from on-ride views (which would be impossible). If the new queue runs back there, a 6 foot fence will hide everything just as it does around Raptors queue.

Last edited by 99er,

^I would like the que to be near the beach to take advantage of the water front

Having one ice cold line to stand in during April and October is enough for me (Wicked Twister)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service