Cedar Point 2013

I'd like to see a queue facing the beach. Having the queue area on the left side of the station would be very nice. Plus the queue would be hidden behind the station.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

That's going to be an awfully cold queue in the early spring and fall with the wind coming off of the lake!

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

True, the first thing that comes to mind with that is standing in Happy Jacks queue.

Hopefully that is taken into consideration when deciding where to locate the queue.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

CPfan1976 said:
BTW, an announcement could happen around Monday 8/13.

Where did you get this information before?

When I typed in "speira katastrofi paralia simeio metafora choros kedros" into google translate, it changed it to greek letters "σπειρα καταστροφη παραλια σημειο μεταφορα χορος κεδρος" It then tranlated it to

"SPIRAL BEACH destruction transport dancing Cedar Point"

Now obviously google tranlate is not perfect. But if it was fake why would they go through all the trouble of putting the greek words at the bottom?

Oddly enough, I got a slightly different translation...spiral, destruction, beach, location, transportation, parking, cedar

Last edited by BirdOfPrey00,

^So what was your different translation? Care to share?

Edit: Nevermind, you fixed your post.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Why would they put 'parking' and 'location' into the translation?

Well if you put the words together, it says beach location. It's also going into the parking lot.

I'm quivering with anticipation.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

When Cedar Point announced that they would be taking down Space Spiral and Disaster Transport, didn't they say that a more "exciting" announcement would be coming 30 days from then?

I think they said stay tuned, I don't believe they gave a date.

I know this is an off the wall comment, but do you think they will save a train car for halloweekends for the main midway ride graveyard?

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

Titandwedebil said:
I think it's going to be behind the games booth (which I think they'll remove); that way it's not blocking the beach view.

Why would they remove something that generates so much revenue?

CPfan1976 said:
My personal opinion for a while now has been that the sole reason Space Sprial is being taken out is for the new queue...

I doubt it. Space Spiral takes up very little room, and at the time of the leaked memo, the ride's removal wasn't even set in stone. Meaning, they likely had plans for the ride installation that didn't require the removal of SS.

It probably just makes sense to remove it, considering that corner of the park is going to be tore up anyway.

Brandon

The General Public is so ignorant. I looked at the comments and they were all like "I bet Blue Streak is getting removed" It's like they didn't even read the article.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

30 days from July 13th would actually be Sunday, August 12th, since there's 31 days in July.

And that lines up with what I heard last night, which was 2 weeks.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Are you guys talking about two weeks until the official announcement? Or two weeks until they close SS.

JW Addington said:
That's going to be an awfully cold queue in the early spring and fall with the wind coming off of the lake!

The lake has a cooling effect in the spring. It has a warming effect in the fall (particularly in the evening).

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service