Cedar Point 2013

That doesn't make it any more or less likely to be real. If I were hoaxing concept art, printing it and then photographing it would be good way to minimize all the tell-tale artifacts.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

NextGen89 said:
Makes it seem like it was printed onto a marketing poster or pitchboard or tshirt or something...

Seriously? The quality of that artwork is horrendous. I'd be shocked and disappointed if CP allowed such terrible artwork onto a T-shirt.

Brandon

Really? I think it looks awesome

djDaemon said:

NextGen89 said:
Makes it seem like it was printed onto a marketing poster or pitchboard or tshirt or something...

Seriously? The quality of that artwork is horrendous. I'd be shocked and disappointed if CP allowed such terrible artwork onto a T-shirt.

Well like it or not that's the designs kids are going for these days.

^I wouldn't go that far. It is pretty sketchy at best.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

It might be the picture quality if it is actually a picture. Maybe we could ask for a higher quality, non shaky shot?

djDaemon said:

I have to agree here. It looks like something I would have come up with in 8th grade.

If anything, I would take it to be preliminary designs.

Joe

It looks like something Napoleon Dynamite would've drawn. All it needs is a liger.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Ensign Smith said:
It looks like something Napoleon Dynamite would've drawn. All it needs is a liger.

New for 2013: Tater Tot Stand

Ride logos go through dozens of variations, specifically for use across the board on t-shirts, merchandise and web. Those logos most definitely did not come out of P&D.

We're close to the announcement, so everyone's going bonkers giving their thoughts an impressions (myself included).

As for the name, I'd be shocked if it was "Lotan." If you have to explain and define the name to the public, that's a problem. Just sayin'.

At least people generally know that "Leviathan" and "Behemoth" are names that are synonymous with everything "big."

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

NEW LEAKED PROMO SHOT!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/asvFf.jpg

Guide_Wheel said:
Ride logos go through dozens of variations, specifically for use across the board on t-shirts, merchandise and web. Those logos most definitely did not come out of P&D.

We're close to the announcement, so everyone's going bonkers giving their thoughts an impressions (myself included).

As for the name, I'd be shocked if it was "Lotan." If you have to explain and define the name to the public, that's a problem. Just sayin'.

At least people generally know that "Leviathan" and "Behemoth" are names that are synonymous with everything "big."

Hyrda is a great name for a coaster. What about that one?

^Not sure what Hyrda is. ;) But fans of Dorney already knew the story of Heracles and seeing that Hydra was named to reference the coaster it replaced, it stands to reason there wasn't too much need for an explanation.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe

djcarl said:
NEW LEAKED PROMO SHOT!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/asvFf.jpg

This isn't real is it?

Guide_Wheel said:

Hence the extreme unpopularity of coasters with incomprehensible names like Sheikra, Montu, Kraken, Gwazi, Alpengeist, Verbolten, Drachen Fire...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

I actually like when they come up with names that don't have a high association with them, it makes them that more unique.

Ensign Smith said:

Guide_Wheel said:

Hence the extreme unpopularity of coasters with incomprehensible names like Sheikra, Montu, Kraken, Gwazi, Alpengeist, Verbolten, Drachen Fire...

Thank you for doing a better job of that than I could.

Drgstr420 said:
But if it was fake why would they go through all the trouble of putting the greek words at the bottom?

Because what good is a hoax if you half-ass it?

Goodbye MrScott

John

Ensign Smith said:

Guide_Wheel said:

But...these are rides that, in the context of their parks and themed settings, have suitable names. I'm speaking in the context of Cedar Point only. If I'm wrong when it's announced, I'm wrong. But CP probably wouldn't go there.

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service