Cedar Point 2013

Could the astronaut in the bottom of the Phoenix logo be a reference to Disaster Transport? Kinda how Hydra the Revenge is a reference to Hercules.

That's what I thought when I saw it.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

The second of these two seems more believable aside from the astronaut. But it could mean Phoenix rising up out of the ashes of DT. I'm looking forward to reliable, solid stuff so maybe I'd like to believe someone's on to something here.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

MavGuy6 said:
Look at what I found on my news feed.
I feel like this could be complete bullcrap, or a jackpot of information. I'm still in shock..

Okay, I am going to go have a heart attack now. LOL

When I typed in "speira katastrofi paralia simeio metafora choros kedros" into google translate, it changed it to greek letters "σπειρα καταστροφη παραλια σημειο μεταφορα χορος κεδρος" It then tranlated it to

"SPIRAL BEACH destruction transport dancing Cedar Point"

Now obviously google tranlate is not perfect. But if it was fake why would they go through all the trouble of putting the greek words at the bottom?

I would love if they used the original DT storyline within the "theme" for this new coaster and made it an extension of that. Id also not be in the least bit surprised since that was the route they took with STR and the little storyline they had on there (its on a pointcast by T&T if you dont recall).

What I like best of the phoenix logo is that it gives a stitched feel like an astronauts arm patch. This is my personal frontrunner for a new name. However the only problem is that a quick google search for phoenix will yield the pheonix used in that logo...and it wasnt done by CP.

Last edited by TheHSBR,

Both logos seem like fan art to me. Seems like Cedar Point's design team would come up with a cleaner and more colorful looking logo.

DT's storyline was mediocre at best and hardly anyone remembers it. Here is a thread I started *gulp* five years ago discussing it:

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/21294.aspx?page=1

Space pirates and a trip to Alaska. I remember riding Flight of Fear at Kings Island in '96 and thinking "this is what DT's story *should* have been like." I don't think we should prolong its life anymore.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I like both names and logos. I think I prefer the Phoenix one though.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Someone posted that "Phoenix Flight" picture on the Cedar Point facebook page a week or so ago... but it was ripped apart very quickly for the flaws in it.

Since then, the picture has been updated, including cleaning up some of the fonts and ensure that the entire 'C' in the Cedar Point logo is visible (in the original, it was cropped).

I am confident that if this was real, there would not have been so many amateur mistakes in the original copy.

And actually, I think the biggest argument against it was that you could find the same Phoenix picture on google, as TheHSBR posted.

I like the idea of Phoenix, but I would prefer to not add flight to the name, but the logos are both cool whether they are fake or not, I like them for Lotan or Phoenix. Very interesting about the greek words as well...

-Benn

I think I actually suggested phoenix for a name way early on, back in the speculation phase. :p

As for Lotan, I think what's interesting is that you can't find that same image of Lotan on google image search. If you could, that could be more than enough evidence that it's a fake.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

TTD Man said:
If Raptor was filled with sand to dampen the noise then it wouldn't be the Raptor anymore that we have known. Part of what makes that ride what it is, in my opinion, is that roar. And if the roar is gone it will take away a major part of off-ride enjoyment. Same as Mantis./

I love everything about Raptor except the roar. There is no enjoyment in hearing that sound, the area was much more pleasant when Mill Race made a quiet splash. To each their own I suppose, but I never figured out why some enthusiasts like an annoying noise.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

^ It's for the same reason that car enthusiasts like their engine to roar... it's the sound of the POWER!!

God Bless 'Merica!

Gravity makes no sound...

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

That lotan picture is amazing!!! Its clean and very well done.. looks like a tshirt concept.

It makes the most sense... seven heads... the names, the greek translation..

Its very streamline and right on point with cedar points art style... teminds me of the millenium force logos clean cut, new age, streamline

The colors make sense as well.
1. The eyes CP showed were black and white
2. The word lotan is done in classic cedar point blue and green, since this coaster is going to be incorporated with the front gate this would make sense.

You think that image looks clean and well done? Looks like a copy and paste job.

^ I agree. To me, it doesn't fit with Cedar Point's art style either.

Yeah, the Lotan "concept art" is terribly amateurish.

However, that doesn't mean it's necessarily fake. It's possible, though very unlikely, that it's early concept art, from a time when the theme was still being developed.

I doubt it's authentic. But it's possible.

NextGen89 said:
1. The eyes CP showed were black and white

And it's been pointed out numerous times that those eyes are taken directly from Steel Force

2. The word lotan is done in classic cedar point blue and green, since this coaster is going to be incorporated with the front gate this would make sense.

Anyone with knowledge of CP's colors (read: anyone on the Internet) would know that, and thus create false concept art accordingly.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Another reason i think the lotan art is real is because its a picture from a camera and not a direct image from a computer.

Makes it seem like it was printed onto a marketing poster or pitchboard or tshirt or something and the ohoto was snapped by someone who was there

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service