Cedar Point 2013

Jeff said:

CoasterFreak31899 said:
Does anyone know the exact date that CP will make the announcement?

Yes.

Jeff, would you like to share that with us? :)

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

He didn't say that he specifically knows, just that someone does. I would imagine the Cedar Point people know :)

Well the press says that they will announce in mid-August. Of course, that could also be false.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

No John said in an interview it'll be in August. And I'm sure Jeff knows, he's known about the project for months.

How does Jeff get to know all the cool stuff and not me? :)

Cause you're not Jeff. ;)

Plus I can name quite a few people who DO know. I'll give you a hint, it's everyone in marketing. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Except those Group Sales guys. They can never keep secrets.

I wonder if Dick knows...

Of course Dick knows about it. This new attraction has been planned for a few years now.

Anyway, back to DT. The building is not old enough to have asbestos, so what are the chances it getting imploded? That would be cool to watch!

There isn't much to implode...

Maverick00, I think Dick Kinzel is still part of Cedar Fair. I think he just retired from the CE0 Position. This is probably the ride he is going out with a bang even though he's not the CEO anymore. So everyone is probably going to give Matt O. credit for this new ride. :)

Ya that's what I thought.

Has anybody seen Dick at the park this year? I wonder if he's come to see all the improvements and the stupid dinosaurs.

^^Dick Kinzel totally retired from the company. He also gave up is chairman position in early 2011. In a news article, Kinzel said that he wanted to take a year off to do nothing. I would assume he knew what was going on for 2013. Kinzel left the company less than 8 months ago, so obviously the planning team didn't come up with this concept and either wait to the last minute to propose the project or hide it from Kinzel.

Last edited by coolkid,

Maverick00 said:

Has anybody seen Dick at the park this year? I wonder if he's come to see all the improvements and the stupid dinosaurs.

I'd really wish people would stop knocking the dinosaurs. Everyone complains about how CP never pays attention to the "families" and yet they add a family attraction, and we all call it "dumb, stupid, lame" just because it's not a coaster. Even though we already have 16 of those :/

Coasters, Thrill Rides, Water Rides, Family Rides; those are the main categories of rides for AMUSEMENT PARKS. If you want a ROLLER COASTER PARK, that has nothing else to offer, head over to MM.

I think your right Cedar King. Cedar Point has tried since 2010 to add a family ride. Shoot the Rapids to me would be considered a family ride because it replaced White Water Landing. Last year, Windseeker. May not be the greatest thrill ride, but I have seen lots of kids get off wanting more! This year with the addition of Dinosaurs, I thought solidified what Cedar Point is trying to do to bring families in and I thought they did a good job with it.

Maverick00 said:

My girlfriend and I were leaving Famous Daves I believe on opening day, and we decided to go into that shop right next door on the marina and we saw him and his wife buying a pillow and a couple other items for their boat. He asked the guy working the register if he still got his 40% off on all items and the guy working the register of course granted it to him. It also looks like he lost a lot of weight during the off season. He didn't look too healthy when we saw him, but seemed to be enjoying his retirement at the same time.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

coolkid said:
^^Dick Kinzel totally retired from the company. He also gave up is chairman position in early 2011.

He's still on the Cedar Fair board of directors, he's just not chairman of the board anymore.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I saw Mr. Kinzel on the Jet Express from Sandusky to Kelleys a couple weeks ago and he looked as healthy as ever.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

coolkid, he's still on the board. He hasn't been around the park much this summer because he said he is looking forward to having a summer off (hasn't had one off since he started). He's looking forward to the vacations and he said he'll be back to help out with projects and such. So no, he isn't totally gone.

And yes, at any rate, of course he knows the announcement date. I wouldn't be surprised if he still knows every single little detail about anything going on with the chain.

I thought I saw Dick in the park, but I was wrong... it was one of the exhibits from Dinosaurs Alive*!

*wacka wacka wacka... I kid, I kid.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service