Cedar Point 2013

CoasterFreak31899 said:
B&M better make this think better and LONGER than X-Flight. I was on it last week and the only element that makes it somewhat worth the wait is the extreme fly-through!

I live in the Chicagoland area, and I can't disagree more. Given the space constraints they had, and also considering it's a wing coaster, so the trains consume a LOT of that space, I think X-Flight is a pretty incredible coaster.

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I wasn't aware that CP had colors, but the chaser light concept would be awesome for this ride!

Dvo said:

CoasterFreak31899 said:
B&M better make this think better and LONGER than X-Flight. I was on it last week and the only element that makes it somewhat worth the wait is the extreme fly-through!

I live in the Chicagoland area, and I can't disagree more. Given the space constraints they had, and also considering it's a wing coaster, so the trains consume a LOT of that space, I think X-Flight is a pretty incredible coaster.

Yes, I too live in the Chicagoland area, and it's a great "first of its kind ride" but in my opinion, I think they could've made it a little longer. I take back what I said in the other post but I wasn't saying that I didn't enjoy the ride, it was just way too short!

I don't like the idea of the chasers. I feel like it would clash with the Giant Wheel lights. I think it would be better if they just had LED's shining on the ride from the ground.

Coaster Boi said:

Blimst said:
^Something along those lines would be really amazing.

Ya. Maybe CP colors, yelow, green, red. Hmm...

Except yellow and red aren't CP colors.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

What would you define as their colors then? Most of the colors mentioned are in the logo , so that's where I think he is getting them from.

Depending on which logo you are looking at, most of the time it is green, blue and red.

Coaster Boi said:
Yes. Well the year they put MF in, they spent around 40 million. 25 is kinda small. Well, for CP it is. :)

I'm pretty sure Maverick was Cedar Point's largest investment, and that was in the $25 million range. I'm sure theirs a little bit of inflation since MF was built, but no where near enough to "$40 million"

Also X-Flight cost $12-15 million, and Dollywood spent $20 million on Wild Eagle (and that included demolishing/moving several structures and building on a hill.) Taking this into consideration, $25 million (which it could be a few million more as $25 million seems like a rounded down number) seems like a very nice price tag.

Last edited by rainingmaize,

rainingmaize said:
I'm pretty sure Maverick was Cedar Point's largest investment, and that was in the $25 million range. I'm sure theirs a little bit of inflation since MF was built, but no where near enough to "$40 million"

Keep in mind that steel had nearly doubled in price between 2000 and 2007. That, combined with inflation (which would put MF's cost at $30 million in 2007 terms), would likely make MF a significantly larger project than Maverick.

Brandon

The construction cam is now live on cedarpoint.com. (http://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/webcams) You can already see the demolition in the back.

It's not a construction cam unless you're close enough to see the workers relieve themselves.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Wish I was there today, the parking lot is only 5% full :/

The park doesn't open until 10:00AM, and will likely get much more full by mid-afternoon.

Brandon

Imagine that, it's only 930 in the morning.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

DJ beat me to it.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

Someone just drove up in a Honda Civic!

I actually think I'm more excited to go to the park and watch them take down DT than ride the rides tomorrow!

I was thinking of going on the beach behind DT to try and get a good view. Does anyone know how far down the beach you are allowed to go?

I dont think theres a limit, went to the park last week and walked all the way behind DT almost right next to it, it were I snapped those pics of the large blue pallets. It looked as if the beach went at least another 300 yards beyond that.

As far as the 25 mllion investment goes...

Isnt that the same amount spent on Maverick?

Maverick also had 2 sets of LIMS, from what I understand are insanely expensive.
Wild eagle cost 20 Million, including some demolitions and an awesome station and some theming.

This coaster will be bigger than Wild Eagle, that much has been said, and it was posted that B&M said it was a "showstopper"

Lets say... Using Wild Eagle as a benchmark, CP uses the money they put into their theming and station, and puts that towards the front gate. Then lets say that CP ad just as much demolitions/construction cost as they did with WE...

Thats an extra 5 million to play with....

Thats also not considering that B&M and CP may have entered a deal similiar to the one CP and Intamin had for multiple coasters/rides over a period of time which may give them a couple million discount

Considering all of these facotrs... This ride may be HUGE

A Capital Expenditure does not include regular maintenance. Capital expenditures, an investment, are written off on taxes over long periods of time, generally 20-30 years. General maintenance, a cost of doing business, is written off each year in full.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Not to mention to mention there was a weekend sale when they purchase the new coaster... I think it was 25% off anything from Wing Riders to Dive Coasters!!! I saw the coupon in the paper when I was shopping for my new coaster to put in my backyard.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service