Cedar Point 2013

Corkscrew Follies said:

XS NightClub said:
I agree that once you get to CP, the overall experience is second to none. I was just saying the only reason we heard of it in 2007 was through Travel Channel show on extreme parks, which they have updated to be SFMM. People come from all around the world for the entire experience, I understand. I could care less about the 'count'. it is just one way for media to hype a show that happens to influence peoples travel plans.

Roller coaster experience is maybe second to none. But, off the top of my head I can name 3 maybe 4 parks in Europe, and 4 parks in America that offers a better overall park experience. And that's not including Disney.

To each his own.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Renegade said:
It matters. People on this site like to think that it doesn't...

It may have mattered during the height of the coaster wars, but that was almost 20 years ago. Times change.

...but even on the Cedar Point facebook page you see people talking about the coaster count.

Well, if they're talking about it on Facebook, it must be true! ;)

Brandon

^ It does make it relevant.

Vette said:
I don't know why there is hostility to people that bring up coaster count. I mean, we are supposedly enthusiasts here, shouldn't we want CP to have the most? Especially now they they are tearing down old garbage ones to get better ones!

Yes, we are enthusiasts, but this forum is dedicated to Cedar Point as a whole! Not just it's coasters.

And no XSNightclub, it certainly does not make it relevant. Those are just people on Facebook who don't understand the business as much as they should without putting their 2 sense in. "If you build it, they will come" does not work every year by adding a multi million dollar ride. It's just not plausible and Cedar Point has other things to maintain and invest in, rather than adding a new ride each and every year.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

rel·e·vant[ rélləvənt ]
ADJECTIVE
connected: having some sensible or logical connection with something else such as a matter being discussed or investigated

Like on Facebook, or hear on this website. :)

Last edited by XS NightClub,

Don't be pedantic. People bitch and moan about anything on FB, because it requires almost no calories to do so. I don't agree that it's relevant to our discussion.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

It may have mattered during the height of the coaster wars, but that was almost 20 years ago. Times change.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

djDaemon said:
Don't be pedantic. People bitch and moan about anything on FB, because it requires almost no calories to do so. I don't agree that it's relevant to our discussion.

Yet the last three pages have been discussing it.

Shareholders only care about coaster count if it negatively affects their investments. That is not the case so it's not an issue

XS NightClub said:
^I do believe they copyrighted 'roller coaster capitol of the world'.

Only that's not copyright, it's trademark.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

DSRPUNK said:
Does anyone have a picture of what the station looks like inside for Wild Eagle or X-Flight or any other Wing Coaster?

Raptor: http://www.rcdb.com/9309.htm?p=34115

Swarm: couldn't find any good pictures but station is themed as a destroyed church.

Wild Eagle: PB wouldn't let me give the link but if you go to TPR's website and find the 'Dollywood Discussion Thread' and go to page 284, you can scroll down a little for pics of inside and outside of the station.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Kevinj said:
The old "rising from the ashes"; yeah, I can see that, but aren't phoenixes traditionally red?

A Phoenix is a mythical creature so you can make it any color you want, but traditionally a Phoenix can take any color of a flame; so red, yellow, or blue.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

Blue track with a red/yellow train themed with flames and a phoenix head.

Now you just screwed up and mentioned theming.

Favorite Wood: 1. Balder (Liseberg), 2. Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), 3. Voyage (Holiday World), 4. Phoenix (Knoebels) 5. The Beast (Kings Island)

FavoriteSteel:1.Expedition GeForce (Holiday Park) 2. Rita (Alton Towers) 3.Magnum XL-200 (CP) 4. Nemisis (Alton Towers) 5. X (SFMM)

Sause said:
Blue track with a red/yellow train themed with flames and a phoenix head.

I don't know. I like the idea. Red supports?

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

If you look closely behind the "wing" on the blog post there is a faint red color at the base of the wings so maybe it's not that farfetched of an idea. I also love the idea of a bright red, yellow, & orange train to contrast a blue track. Kind of like Griffon at Busch Gardens.

Ya. Something obvious that from a far distance, you can see the trains.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Phoenix - It is described as a bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends. It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. -wikepedia

The coaster pulls into the station, a fiery furnace burns everyone to ashes... allowing for the next batch of riders ;)

cedarman said:
Phoenix - It is described as a bird with a colorful plumage and a tail of gold and scarlet (or purple, blue, and green according to some legends. It has a 500 to 1000 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of twigs that then ignites; both nest and bird burn fiercely and are reduced to ashes, from which a new, young phoenix or phoenix egg arises, reborn anew to live again. -wikepedia

A 500-1000 year old coaster!!!!!

cedarman said:

The coaster pulls into the station, a fiery furnace burns everyone to ashes... allowing for the next batch of riders ;)

HAHAHA!!!

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

cedarman said:

Faster load times and higher capacity, I'm all for it!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service