Cedar Point 2013

That really only speeds up the unload times.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I find it interesting that the new webcam shows so much of the front of the park. There must be a reason it's not zoomed in more to the DT/SS area.

JuggaLotus said:
That really only speeds up the unload times.

Not if you burn the riders that dont get in fast enough...

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Dustin LePla said:
I find it interesting that the new webcam shows so much of the front of the park. There must be a reason it's not zoomed in more to the DT/SS area.

Yes. The wing will prob fly over the parking lot. :)

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

cedarman said:

The coaster pulls into the station, a fiery furnace burns everyone to ashes... allowing for the next batch of riders ;)

As long as "The cake is a lie" is scribbled somewhere in the station!

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

To get a better view of the lift hill being constructed of course. ;D

The cam is zoomed out because if you zoomed in any further, quality starts to take a nosedive. That's the closest they could get it without the view being obstructed.

TaER iT DoWN!11* TaEr iT aLL DoWn!

Anyone see the new blog?

Last edited by Cedar Pointer,

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Hmm..

How DO you recover from a disaster?

They're obviously referencing DT, and every bone in my body is hoping for a "sequel" to the ride, complete with the space theming and indoor segments. It's just the issue of the bird behind iron bars, which doesn't scream "space" to me.

^ Not unless it's a space bird :)

Don't get my hopes up. </3

I think the only chance we have at that is the Phoenix idea, but as the discussion on the previous pages highlighted, the bird is blue. Sure it could be the tail, but like I said, I don't want to get my hopes up.

I know the answer to the OnPoint question, and it relates well to those still sour about Disaster.

Q: How do you recover from a disaster?
A: By getting over it. ;)

Also, I'm going to throw my coin in the Phoenix hat as well. Not only because blue colors work well with fire elements, but the red glow in the background is really peaking my interest with the idea of a phoenix as a name.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Thunderbird - Attack!!!

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

and every bone in my body is hoping for a "sequel" to the ride,

Why would anyone want to watch a sequel to a bad movie? Unless, of course, it's Porkys.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Maybe "Son of Disaster Transport".

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

I feel lost since I just got home from work and running around town. What are you guys referring to with the Phoenix idea? I also was thinking about this in my head today. Does anyone think it's possible that Cedar Point might save part of Disaster Transports building for the station or queue house? Just a thought I had in my head. Hopefully it doesn't sound dumb.

Shawn Meyer said:
I feel lost since I just got home from work and running around town. What are you guys referring to with the Phoenix idea? I also was thinking about this in my head today. Does anyone think it's possible that Cedar Point might save part of Disaster Transports building for the station or queue house? Just a thought I had in my head. Hopefully it doesn't sound dumb.

The queue will be much longer than DT current queue.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Titandwedebil said:

How DO you recover from a disaster?

It will be B&M's first ever "Red Cross" themed flying coaster! Think of the possibilities.....

Shawn, the idea behind the Phoenix name is in regards to the mythology behind the life of a phoenix. See, a phoenix dies in a fireball and is born again from the ashes. So, if the ride was named Phoenix, it could be said that it was born from the ashes of Disaster. Works really well from a marketing standpoint.

Also, there's a 99.9999991% chance they plan on utilizing any part of Disaster for the new ride.:)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^The land? ;)

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service