Cedar Point 2013

I would not get to caught up on the Blue Phoenix idea. If you look at the teaser sign, many people are seeing bars as if there is a blue winged creature that needs to be let loose. What I see is a two-sided sign broken up into several sections that is going to flip around to reveal the actual coaster. The blue wings are one of those false clues. At this point I have no idea what is on the other side though. I would not rule out Cedar Point using a name that currently exists in the company.

Don't Hassle Me, I'm New Here

^^Yea, and we have Facebook to thank for DragsterH20.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

If the new coaster is a bird, they could let it loose from a cage. That would be cool. I would laugh so hard if it was a bunch of seagulls!

T-Shirt idea!
If Six Flags tries to steal your spot then give them the bird!

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

I think it would be cool after the announcement, they have a poll for guest to vote on a name for the new ride. They did that with Verbolten and it was really fun and cool. I just saw pics of DT... Where did it go?!? That was quick!

On a side note, KD's website has a teaser on it. It is with a rocket blasting off into space and it states "Breaking records again in 2013!!!" I seriously doubt it will be anything cool... Keeping my fingers crossed

While I've never heard of a blue Phoenix, the term "blue phoenix bird " comes up under " Searches related to phoenix bird" on Google Images. I just found that interesting.

Final Force 500 said:
American Coaster Enthusiasts just posted this on their Facebook.

"More on Cedar Point's 2013 new attractions announcement set for August 13"

I noticed they say "2013 new attractions", meaning more than one? Maybe just a typo? Set "them" free? Coincidence? Probably. How much would ACE know at this point, if anything? That is the real question.

It would be nice if they somehow added a kiddie coaster to Planet Snoopy or Kiddie Kingdom to really draw attention to that area. I think ACE, just like some people on PointBuzz, know exactly what's coming. They have reliable sources unlike the Lemon Chill guy.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Looks like a typo to me.

Brandon

Hey guys, I just posted the leftover Disaster Transport entrance sign pieces on the givekidstheworld eBay page. Each is a piece from this sign.

They are fun collector's pieces (I have mine proudly displayed on my desk at the Village!) and 100% of the purchase price benefits GKTW.

Looking forward to the park's announcement on Monday!

Last edited by ST_Kara,

Kara (car-uh)

Maverick00 said:
I think ACE, just like some people on PointBuzz, know exactly what's coming. They have reliable sources unlike the Lemon Chill guy.

I know that you're right, but what good would come out of ruining the surprise? It's been fun reading 133 pages of speculation and theories dealing with sattelite images, steel plants, false clues, etc.
Some of you will be disappointed, others not so much.

There's been no bigger hype in the past than seeing a 420 foot tower slowly erected without any announcement. It was a big middle finger to SFMM.

Magnum is awesome said:
While I've never heard of a blue Phoenix, the term "blue phoenix bird " comes up under " Searches related to phoenix bird" on Google Images. I just found that interesting.

I've never seen any Phoenix before. Can't a mythological bird be any color the artists choose? Either way, it's a much better choice, IMO, than Lotan or Gatekeeper.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

ST_Kara said:
Hey guys, I just posted the leftover Disaster Transport entrance sign pieces on the givekidstheworld eBay page. Each is a piece from this sign.

They are fun collector's pieces (I have mine proudly displayed on my desk at the Village!) and 100% of the purchase price benefits GKTW.

Looking forward to the park's announcement on Monday!

I assume the park kept the words?

The words were actually scooped up by the participants from the Final Dispatch event :).

Kara (car-uh)

Maverick00 said:
I think ACE, just like some people on PointBuzz, know exactly what's coming. They have reliable sources unlike the Lemon Chill guy.

That's a fairly ridiculous theory about a club that has thousands of members.

The DT sign fragments are all sold out already.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Wow, that was really fast.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I wonder how much someone would be willing to pay for Dave. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Just put up one more entrance sign piece and four exit sign pieces-- that's all I have! Better hurry and get one before they're gone. Thanks for your support!

Last edited by ST_Kara,

Kara (car-uh)

I think that we will get two coasters (wing and wild mouse) this year. The wing in place of DT. The wild mouse in place of Wildcat. Theres still a huge amount of unused space where Wildcat used to be. If you don't belive me, ride Mantis and look over there.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

There's no way a Wild Mouse coaster will go there.

Why not?

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Because they removed WildCat because that area was too crowded so why would they put another one there? It would just be crowded again.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service