Cedar Point 2013

Actually, if you look at the other wing coaster stations, they all have stationary floors. I will admit that I have never seen a wing coaster in person, so I could be wrong.
I do think the seats would be easier to get into with a dropping floor. But again I have never seen or rode one.

Screamscape is still reporting the name will be GateKeeper. Seriously Cedar Point? That's the best you can come up with? That's such a corny generic name. I hate when they reuse names but I think I'd rather it be called Leviathan. GateKeeper is a terrible name.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Screamscape is only 30% correct most of the time....and that is being generous. ;)

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

^^Don't get all crazy about it yet, wait for an official announcement before making an opinion. It doesn't mean it's true just because Screamscape said it.

I personally like Gatekeeper, but think it is just the code name for the ride. They also report 2 key holes which is very exciting. Can't wait !!

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106009"] [img]http://coasterfanatics.com/banners/rl_106009.jpg[/img][url][url]

A "key-hole" is a Sux Flags move. I belive Cedar Fair will call it something different.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

I don't see why you guys are flipping out over a name. They can call it the Pink Elephant for all I care. Yeah, it might be a dumb name, but would you rather have Pink Elephant or no new coaster at all?

Hmm... Well a name like Pink Elephant might ruin our rep...

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

I actually like pink elephant. I feel like it'll just tie the park together.

Come ride our new coaster, Pink Elephant! It's the toughest and scariest in the park! Can't you tell by it's agressive name?

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Anythings better than GateKeeper. They could even name it Dumbo, the Flying Pink Elephant.

I think Phoenix would be cool. I actually wouldn't mind GateKeeper, but I would prefer Pheonix

Really? I kinda like GateKeeper.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Or Phoenix

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

So why is 'Gatekeeper' so horrible, awful and generic? If it interacts with the front gate, it makes sense to me to have that name, which I think makes it cool. So why all the hate?

I just don't think it's a good name for a coaster. Like there was no thought put into it.

Maybe a coaster name?

http://www.trademarkia.com/gold-striker-85686395.html

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Seems like a lot of thought went into it if that does in fact turn out to be the name. So this poses the question, what MAKES a good name for a coaster?

The themeing, colors, and all out experience put together.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

^All of which comes with the announcement of the name. Funny, huh?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service