Cedar Point 2013

Davidw, that timelapse is GREAT!

xfireboyx said:
Davidw, that timelapse is GREAT!

Thanks!! I'm really interested to see the whole week... and beyond to when the coaster starts going up.

That's pretty awesome.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Cedar Point just posted this on their facebook:

"Isn't Raptor Awesome? We are counting down until the secret will be set free. Click on the 2013 tab to countdown with us. Are you on the EDGE of your seat holding on? "

EDGE of your seat? hmm... I wonder what that means?

Last edited by xfireboyx,

It's helpful to include a link.

To me, it's obvious that "edge" and "seat" simply refers to the type of coaster.

The more important clues, in my opinion, are found in that screen cap of the new ride's rendering. We can see the top of the new (I assume) park entrance.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

Thanks djDaemon.... my bad.

Wondering if anyone else sees this pic on the FB post to be computer generated. Maybe part of a press release video?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

That's what I was going to say. I looked at the picture and it looked very fake then I realized that's a screen shot of the new animation.

I think we're seeing a view from the seat. What if that's the lift hill? Wouldn't that be something to have the lift hill tower over the front gate? *gasps*

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

Talked to some 3rd shift maintenance buddies and they didn't have any real details. But, they seem to think the ride will be very long and be very visible in the current facebook photo of Raptor/Sky Ride once it's up and built.

Maverick00 said:
Really? I think Millennium Force is an awesome name. I think it was originally just going to be called Millennium, that would of been bad but I think Millennium Force is pretty creative. Magnum XL-200 is just ok, most people call it Magnum.

This is why I do like the names, although not crazy or flashy with having a huge story behind some mythical beast or something, but that is why I do like them, it has significance to the park and to the ride itself. Which GateKeeper would too if that is the name given.

-Benn

To me it looks like those ugly restrooms are gone next to the entrance. It looks like the Midway Carousel is also staying there. You can see the very top of it.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Is it just me or does that look like a possible support on the far right of the picture, with something going above the small portion of the pic we can see?

I'm curious as to what the entrance will look like as well!

-Benn

I hope we get a fountain like Leviathan.

Yeah, that is an animated picture - probably part of the promo video, made by Virtual Image Productions.

http://www.3dvip.com/

Rumors, rumors, rumors, but I'll toss my hat in the ring and say that I have to admit, the Gatekeeper theme could be great, if done well. Like DJ, it's grown on me, and a Gatekeeper (as some kind of creature, etc.) could be anything.

I like it.

Promoter of fog.

Since Gatekeeper could be any kind of creature that they want, how about leaving it's species ambiguous? Sort of like The Beast; you know it's some sort of creature with those big claws. They could theme it by showing it's eyes but never giving away too much info to keep us guessing

I hope thats from the virtual ride image! I loved the Maverick one.

Is it just me or does that look like a possible support on the far right of the picture, with something going above the small portion of the pic we can see?

I'm curious as to what the entrance will look like as well!

I think that's the edge of the screen, but I'm not sure.

I love how the people in that Facebook discussion are freaking out thinking that they will be removing Raptor.

"YOU BETTER NOT BE REMOVING RAPTOR!!!"

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service