Cedar Point 2013

also in the gatekeeper code, it had these links...

/gatekeeper/the-ride
/gatekeeper/news
/gatekeeper/gallery
/gatekeeper/webcam

What I was alluding to was that gatekeeper's page is the only one that was taken down when viewed. Also it's the only one that actually had a full ride page layout.

A screamin squirrel would be bad ass!!! I could only hope for a sweet new screamin squirrel design.

Vette said:

3 rides? Seems a little implausible. What was the total CP 2013 capital expenditure? So far we have Edge, Gatekeeper, and Interceptor.

The hype is building. Beware of false clues. ^ ^ ^

I'm pretty certain Raptor will have a two word companion.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Titandwedebil said:
I think we're seeing a view from the seat. What if that's the lift hill? Wouldn't that be something to have the lift hill tower over the front gate? *gasps*

The lift hill and station will be along the beach where Disaster Transport was. You'll leave the station and make a right turn to the lift hill. There will be a fly-by over the front gate and turn around somewhere near Blue Streak, finishing up with a helix ala Raptor..

Why is Gatekeeper the only one that has been taken down then?

I want a cool turnaround, not something lame like an average Overbanked Turn, that's what MF is for. I like the turnaround on Intimidator, but I'm not sure that would work with a Wingrider.

SSL488 said:
Why is Gatekeeper the only one that has been taken down then?

That's exactly what they want you to believe. That's a false clue ;)

^could you get a cache (or photo) of those pages? They don't show on my phone.

Last edited by Magnum is awesome,

they're just the past blog entries, nothing special.

Magnum is awesome said:
^could you get a cache (or photo) of those pages? They don't show on my phone.

All they are are copies of the regular blog pages. But they all include gatekeeper in the url

http://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/omgthiscouldbeanywordsatall/81312

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Just a hunch but I am thinking they are using "gatekeeper" as a project name for the entire project of removing DT, space spiral, and then the construction of the new coaster as well as whatever else they are doing to their front gate. Although if I was CP I would be throwing gatekeeper all around as a total false clue. Well 4 days until we know the truth.

A nerd hint? For those who can figure it out?

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Haha Jeff^^

I received a big ole' box from the wonderful Marketing team at Cedar Point today. I can't imagine how hectic things are for them with the upcoming announcement, and yet they made time to go scout out some more awesome stuff from the demo site for GKTW to auction off!

I opened the first flap and literally screamed with excitement as I saw a little section of neon orange and blue peeking through-- the HIGH VOLTAGE sign!

My co-workers first thought I had won the lottery, and then started shaking their heads at how I excited I was over an old, handmade sign. "You don't understand!" I said, trying to reassure them I wasn't crazy. I'm going to be honest, I was a little nervous to pick it up after seeing it from a distance for all those years. It was definitely a surreal moment I won't forget.

Wait, there's more! They also sent the DETOUR sign, which hung at the top of the stairs after the turnstile. This dates back even further as part of the original theming.

So here's your chance, CP fans, to buy some totally awesome, historic Cedar Point memorabilia and actually have an excuse to tell your non-coaster lovin' friends and family..."it's for charity!" There you go, totally justifiable!

Thank you for your support.

Kara (car-uh)

Jeff said:
http://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/omgthiscouldbeanywordsatall/81312

Hey they came up when I googled "gatekeeper cedar point" just like the original gatekeeper page did.

Is this a joke?

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

ST_Kara said:
I received a big ole' box from the wonderful Marketing team at Cedar Point today. I can't imagine how hectic things are for them with the upcoming announcement, and yet they made time to go scout out some more awesome stuff from the demo site for GKTW to auction off!

I opened the first flap and literally screamed with excitement as I saw a little section of neon orange and blue peeking through-- the HIGH VOLTAGE sign!

My co-workers first thought I had won the lottery, and then started shaking their heads at how I excited I was over an old, handmade sign. "You don't understand!" I said, trying to reassure them I wasn't crazy. I'm going to be honest, I was a little nervous to pick it up after seeing it from a distance for all those years. It was definitely a surreal moment I won't forget.

Wait, there's more! They also sent the DETOUR sign, which hung at the top of the stairs after the turnstile. This dates back even further as part of the original theming.

So here's your chance, CP fans, to buy some totally awesome, historic Cedar Point memorabilia and actually have an excuse to tell your non-coaster lovin' friends and family..."it's for charity!" There you go, totally justifiable!

Thank you for your support.

Is there any chance you'll be selling the Dispatch Master Transport sign that was hung at the bottom of the steps? I'd pay so much for that..

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service