Cedar Point 2013

Well gosh......ya got me there. :P

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I wasn't to fond of the whole Phoenix thing at first but now I'm starting to kind of like it. Someone mentioned earlier how there's a red glow towards the bottom of the count down clock. I can just picture that blue wing being attached to some mythological bird with flames around or behind it.

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Maybe they partnered with nintendo and it will be "Articuno: The Ride" lol

^That was the first thing i thought of when I saw that picture haha.

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

I have to say, out of all the different ideas that have been tossed about, I dig the idea of a blue pheonix the most.

The newest trademark by Cedar Fair has been "Carousels for Kids"...I doubt that's it.

:)

Promoter of fog.

Im not a big fan of phoenix... especially if its blue... phoenixs are red and orange due to the fire. Inless it had blue track with orange rails and red trains.

Im sticking with lotan, those feathers could easily be flarey spines on a sea dragons back.

Temember... look out for false clues. They could be feeding us crap... probably none of these is the correct name.

Lotan the gatekeeper gets my vote (not saying thats the name, but im guessong thats the theme)

Look out for a near 200 footer with 7 inversions

The only thing that's keeping me from believing it's Phoenix are the bars in the picture. Why would a Phoenix be behind a gate or jail cell?But the colors, feather-like object in the image, and clue of how to recover from a disaster all make this name credible. But I'm still going with Lotan/Leviathan, the gatekeeper of hell. Which could make that orange and red glow either flames from the Phoeniz or fire from hell. But like someone else said, these could all be false clues.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

^I also favor the name Lotan/Lotan: The Gate Keeper.

Only 5 days, 18 hours!

I feel like having Gate Keeper as the name or part of the name is kind of cheesy. It would work for "theming" (and I use that term loosely), but not the name.

How bout a bird "flying" over the park gate. :)

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Delorean's had a "Gull" Wing Door. Maybe it will be Gull. Then when you walk up to the gate...you will see Gull

Sorry for the mess. Signature under construction.

You do that anyway. Lol.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

Ride On_17 said:
The only thing that's keeping me from believing it's Phoenix are the bars in the picture. Why would a Phoenix be behind a gate or jail cell?

The same reason a Lotan/ sea creature would be.....it's a creature! :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I am thinking that the name will be either SeaHawk or ThunderHawk.

No coaster will ever be too fast or too tall!

The newest trademark by Cedar Fair has been "Carousels for Kids"...I doubt that's it.

Hey, we could always be getting a carousel park. Tack on an upcharge and you've got yourself a star new section of the park!

It would totally explain the "THEY will be set free" post on FB. Carousels for everyone!

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

^I think Carousels for Kids will be something like Coasting for Kids, for people who don't like coasters.

My vote is for Phoenix, I think they could do a really good marketing project with that.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Ride On_17 said:
The only thing that's keeping me from believing it's Phoenix are the bars in the picture. Why would a Phoenix be behind a gate or jail cell?But the colors, feather-like object in the image, and clue of how to recover from a disaster all make this name credible. But I'm still going with Lotan/Leviathan, the gatekeeper of hell. Which could make that orange and red glow either flames from the Phoeniz or fire from hell. But like someone else said, these could all be false clues.

Ever heard of a bird cage? ;)

Shawn Meyer said:
Does anyone think it's possible that Cedar Point might save part of Disaster Transports building for the station or queue house?

The whole DT building will be demolished. I don't think people realize how large (wide) the actual station is for a winged coaster. Picture two seats on one side, a big coaster body only on a middle track and then two other seats to the right side of that. Add in two separate queue waiting lines from both the left and right sides to get to each side of the train (you can't cross over the middle and the four seats aren't side by side like Raptor) and now you can picture the station. Wild Eagle's station is massively wide. If this is anything like that, this station will be about 150% the size of Millenium Force's. I'm also curious to see if those trees currently behind DT and running down the side of the front of the parking lot will be ripped out (to truly give a clear view of the beach, which I'd prefer like the WT queue) or be kept as to keep the sand from blowing in on the new area. We'll see.

How do you recover from a disaster? You rise up from the ashes and rebuild.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Hopefully they keep the Trees. That's one of the few areas of Cedar Point that still has their original trees. Plus Cedar Point needs some foliage in the park. Someone mentioned on another topic that Kings Island has a beautiful charm to it because of all the trees where as Cedar Point has a lot of concrete charm.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service