Cedar Point 2013

^^So basically what I said? ;)

Last edited by 99er,

^ Sorry, missed your post!

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

SSL488 said:
How the hell did you find that? It's not even on the site!

Also, did that cam stop refreshing? It's stuck on August 5th on my computer.

It was found, likely because they haven't been changing the cam url's (notice the url still says Pagoda Cam). Also the cam is offline, and is not supposed to be live for a week or two.

SSL488 said:
How the hell did you find that? It's not even on the site!

Also, did that cam stop refreshing? It's stuck on August 5th on my computer.

It's the old Pagoda Cam and it is frozen most likely until the announcement.

PyroKinesis said:
Sorry, you're wrong. I have a newspaper clipping right here discussing it.

Yes, I remember now, but that guy was getting the information from online sites such as this haha, and he was quick to correct it before the so called "Ride Wars" occurred...yep, thats journalism.

Anyway, that old JD Byrider location was purchased by Cedar Fair for all of the reasons that people have also mentioned above. One of the main reasons was for cosmetics....they didn't want a vacant building sitting that close to the park, so they bought it and are making use of it for mechanical reasons. As 99er pointed out, a lot of stuff near the gate will be changed, including the pavillion and such, so this is where the long term projects can be worked out.

Can't wait for the construction cam to be refreshed.

Just got back from the park and was amazed at how much they've torn down in one day. Sent in a few pictures to Walt, which I'm sure he'll have up soon. I should be able to keep going in and getting pictures here and there over the next few weeks to keep everyone updated.

-Miker-

When this is all said and done with all the construction that's happening now and in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the second largest construction project ever done at Cedar Point. Millennium Force was and still holds that mark for largest construction project.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

I'm still curious as to how much the coaster itself is going to cost. aren't they only spending $25 million for 2013?

^Only? That's a pretty big amount, in my opinion.

Last edited by Blimst,

Blimst said:
^Only? That's a pretty big amount, in my opinion.

Well thats also for park inprovements, new construction, paint, important updates. The 25 million is not just for the coaster.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

^I never once said it was only for the coaster. I'm just saying, that's still a lot. I understand under that 25 million is everything in the park that has to be done.

Yes. Well the year they put MF in, they spent around 40 million. 25 is kinda small. Well, for CP it is. :)

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Did they really? Didn't know that, I guess it is pretty low then.

Last edited by Blimst,

I would guess that the coaster will be around $20-$23 million.

Is $2 million enough for everything else that the park would possibly need to do?

Last edited by SSL488,

Probally not. Around 5-10 million for everything else in the park.

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

The thing I wonder is what kind of lighting this coaster will have. It being at the front of the park, it should be rather good looking, especially at night.

Blimst said:
The thing I wonder is what kind of lighting this coaster will have. It being at the front of the park, it should be rather good looking, especially at night.

I'm sure they have a great LED package planned. This would be cool because it would match the Giant Wheel and Windseeker well in that area. :)

Shawn Meyer said:

Blimst said:

I'm sure they have a great LED package planned. This would be cool because it would match the Giant Wheel and Windseeker well in that area. :)

[url][url]

I didn't even think of that. Maybe LED chaser lights around thw whole track like Iron Shark???

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=390181517713437&set=a.219370708127853.58202.177272299004361&type=1

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

^Something along those lines would be really amazing.

Blimst said:
^Something along those lines would be really amazing.

Ya. Maybe CP colors, yelow, green, red. Hmm...

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service