Cedar Point 2013

JuggaLotus said:

Probably because new ride hasn't even yet been announced and all discussion is in this thread. I'm sure once an announcement has actually been made, Walt or Jeff will start a new forum for it.

Or they won't. It's their choice.

Maverick had it's own forum months before the announcement.

^There was also track erected prior to that announcement as well. And technically, this coaster already has its own thread. You just posted on it.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

XS NightClub said:

Where is the current Ride Mechanics Shop?

On property right next to Corkscrew. That long building houses the parks Landscapers, Carpenters, Welders, Ride Mechanics, Painters, Plumbers, Laborers, Vehicle Mechanics and the Maint. Crib,

Makes me wonder If they do away with that building by Corkscrew, that frees up a little bit of land right there, but not too much. I also wanted to add it seems like I missed so much today just by being at work.

I don't foresee that happening because a lot is in that building that is used to keep the park operating on a daily basis. Moving all off it off-point would make response time to rides that are down longer. The new building off-point is going to be used for larger repair projects and winter rehab work. With this new coaster supposedly crossing over the front gate, I am better the picnic shelter that is directly behind Season Pass building will be torn down for the turn-around. Because of that, the Maint. Dept will lose a building for winter work, thus the reason for the purchase of the new warehouse.

Wow! they are moving FAST!
I wasn't expecting this much, I'd thought they'd de-construct the coaster and the building, piece by piece. But seeing how they are going to scrap both, IDK why I thought that :)
DT should be gone by the end of the week at this rate.

I also noticed that the webcam is titled "Construction Cam", we already knew, but CP is defiantly getting a Coaster that interacts somewhat with the front gate.

"Defiantly?" CP is defying the main gate by forcing it to interact with a coaster? Is that legal?

Definitely something to look into. :)

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

^^Let's not also rule out the season pass center as well. ;)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Goodbye DT. Ill be camping at CP this weekend with the BSA. It will be a plot of land by then!

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

I'm all for them renovating the front gate. It's pretty blah.

PyroKinesis said:
Also, normally a separate section is added for new coasters. Why not this year? This is pretty big stuff.

What are you talking about? There is a new section just for 2013:)

Oh snap. ;)

B&M better make this think better and LONGER than X-Flight. I was on it last week and the only element that makes it somewhat worth the wait is the extreme fly-through!

I just hope this ride is on the early-entry roster for next year.

-Steve

Cedar King said:

I also noticed that the webcam is titled "Construction Cam", we already knew, but CP is defiantly getting a Coaster that interacts somewhat with the front gate.

What webcam?

This is a good idea, Walt. I like having a seperate forum for 2013.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

How the hell did you find that? It's not even on the site!

Also, did that cam stop refreshing? It's stuck on August 5th on my computer.

Last edited by SSL488,

XS NightClub- I would imagine that that site will be used for off-season maintenance and refurbishment of rides. My guess is that some of the supports for the turnaround on the new ride will interfere with the existing pavilions. Therefore, making it difficult, if not impossible, to enclose for maintenance work as it has in the past. It would be a logistical nightmare to use that site for the day-to-day operations shop.

Jason

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so infrequently used?

Invertalon said:
I just hope this ride is on the early-entry roster for next year.

It probably will be. Being new and in the front of park, it will be packed.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service